𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

Nathan's POV

Aria walks into the kitchen, me and Kota following her. She then slips glasses on her face before she moves anymore in the kitchen.

'Wait she wasn't wearing glasses earlier.'

She seems cuter with them on, giving her a little nerdling vibe. I smile at my term for her and lean against the work surface as Kota grabs plates and cutlery. They work silently to serve the mo, moe, mous, the Greek dish Aria and I had prepared earlier. The aroma of aubergine and lamb overwhelm my senses in a good way, giving a warm homely feeling to the kitchen.

"This smells really good. What is it?" Kota asks as his eyes look over the dish that Aria has just placed on the surface. Her green and grey eyes look at Kota as she tucks a piece of her honey blonde hair behind her ear.

"It's called Moussaka. It's a traditional Greek dish." She then grabs a knife and I have to fight the urge to take it off of her before she hurts herself. She pierces the dish and cuts it into four pieces and then halves one of the quarters.

"I thought you might have been Greek, you can hear it in your voice." I say, pushing myself off of the side and moving towards Kota and Aria. She looks at me and smiles sadly. I think back to when she told me what it was and how she started crying. She didn't make a sound, not even a whimper. I can tell that she saw the questions I wanted answers to because she turns back to the food and starts serving it up.

"Do you miss Greece?" Kota asks, looking between Aria and me, his eyes asking what had happened. I tell him through my eyes I would tell him away from her, to which he responds with a nod.

"To say I didn't would be a lie. Greece is the only place I've ever known so moving to the other side of the world is kinda big. It's also where my mom is..." She trails off, her soft voice saying something under her breath. I look at Kota to see if he had heard her but he shakes his head. I go to her side and help her with serving up. Her eyes flicker between Kota and me, seeing if we are going to ask anything. When we stay silent, she relaxes, the tension and anxiety rolling off her in waves. A small smile dances on her soft pink lips, making me smile and I see Kota smile as well.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, we have a Greek friend. And another who lived in Greece for a year or so." Her eyes fly up to Kota as he says this, excitement and hope shimmering in those mismatching eyes.

'I wonder why there's hope there...'

I get out of my head quickly and finish helping out. I see that she purposely gave me and Kota the bigger portions, which made sense. We each take our own plates and walk into the living room. I sit on the right side and Kota sits on the left, the middle seat being vacant for Aria. She surprises us both though when she puts her plate down and sits on the couch upside down.

"You both better be careful, it's still hot." She closes her eyes and moves her feet as if listening to a tune in her head. I look at Kota who is looking Aria and then up at me. We start communicating using only our eyes.

Nathan: 'She cried earlier.'

Kota: 'Why?'

Nathan: 'She told me what the dish was and started crying. Could it be linked with her mom?'

Kota: 'She has to tell us to be certain about it.'

I nod and so does he. I think about what Aria said, watching the steam coming from the dish. I place it on the table as so does Kota, making all three of us smile.

"You two done talking?" She opens her left eye, revealing her ever green iris. It reminds me of a calm meadow on a summer day. I then realize what she said and my eyes bulge out of my head, making her giggle. It's soft and sweet, just like everything else about her.