𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

"Are we going to talk about what happened back there or just ignore it?" Luke says, his gaze on me. Kota is in the driver seat and Nathan riding shotgun, making me and Luke in the back. My eyes watch the scenery go past, not wanting to explain how I did what I did.

"Aria, we aren't mad. We just want to know who taught you that." Nathan's voice filters through, his blue eyes looking at me. I look at him and then Luke, sighing slightly. I wasn't getting out of this even if I wanted to. I then glance at our driver, his green eyes looking at me through the mirror. I look at my hands, taking a deep breath.

"My mom taught me some self defense." I say simply, worried they won't want me around if they know this information.

"What else did your mom teach you? She taught you practically eight languages, singing, now self defense. What was your mom's job?" Kota asks, his hands gripping at the wheel slightly. I can tell that not knowing who my mother was is frustrating him, but I didn't know some of the answers he wanted.

"If I knew, I would tell you. I don't even know who she worked for. They helped her when she was younger and she became a part of them, that's all I know." I say, slightly frustrated with the little information about my mother's past. She didn't tell me much to keep me safe, she told me that much. At first, I thought she might be in a mafia but she told me she took people like that down. It was confusing but understandable, complicated but simple. I look back out at the scenery, wanting to get out of the car for some fresh air.

"Luke, call Victor and tell him the license plate." Kota commands, making me look at him confused. He smiles and keeps looking at the rear view mirror, "Aria, we are being tailed but don't worry we'll get away." I look at him confused and go to turn around, paranoia settling in. A hand on my knee stops me. I look and see Nathan looking at me reassuringly, a small smile on his lips.

"Don't look, it draws attention." I shake my head, needing to look, needing to know. I squeeze his hand, smiling softly. I hide my shadows in my eyes, not wanting him to know. I take a deep breath and use the mirror to look. Red is what I see and I grip at Kota's shoulder.

"Let me drive. You won't get them off your tail easy if you carry on like this," He looks at me slightly confused, "Trust me please." His eyes flash some sort of emotion, him looking at the other two. They both nod and he sighs nodding. Kota pulls up on the side of the road and climbs out, running to the other side. I climb over and get in the driver's seat. Kota closes the door once he is in and I switch the engine on.

I look in the mirror, waiting. I see him going to pull behind us and that's when I take off. I weave through the traffic, ignoring the speed limit. I look in the mirror to see him doing the same as me. My grip tightens and I make a handbrake turn as I get off the highway. I keep an eye on where we are going and where the man is behind us. When I'm sure we have lost him, I pull up on the side of the road. I switch the engine off and lean my head back, my breathing heavy.

"Mind explaining what that was?" I look at Nathan who spoke. His blue eyes serious, looking at me trying to find the answers. I can't tell them this. I look at the two in the back, seeing a similar look. Luke's playfulness is gone and I know that, like before, I can't escape.

"Going with traffic regulations and not weaving right will keep the person on your back." I look out and try to calm myself but I couldn't.

'He's here. He'll hurt the guys... To get to me.'

"I'll drive us back." I say quietly, turning the ignition on. I pull back onto the road and drive us towards Sunnyvale Court.

 I pull back onto the road and drive us towards Sunnyvale Court