𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

"Έχω προαγωγή και φεύγουμε απόψε. Χωρίς δικαιολογίες. Γι' αυτό μάζεψε τα πράγματά σου. (I have a promotion and we leave tonight. No excuses. So get packing.)" Elias, my father, states before leaving my bedroom. I stare at my door, tears building in my eyes.

'What? We're... Leaving?'

I pull my legs close to my chest and press my eyes into my knees, forcing the tears back. I have only ever known Greece, never traveled to different countries. I think back on all my memories I have here, some good...

8 years ago...

The green grass stands under my feet as I walk with my mother, hand in hand, as we admire our work in the small community park. North and Silas are painting the fences with Silas' father, Charlie, and his Silas' brother, Theo. We had organised this little project because so many of the children played here and it needed updating. I look at my mother, her already looking at me with her cognac brown eyes. Her sunflower blonde hair flows with the wind, the sun bouncing off of it to create a glow.

"Είσαι ευχαριστημένη με αυτό, μαμά? (Are you happy with it mom?)" I ask, hope glistening in my heterochromia eyes, a combination of one ever green eye and one marble grey eye. Her white teeth appear as she smiles at me brightly. I smile back and look at my best friends, Silas and North. Their eyes lock with mine, causing them to smile.

"I'm so happy, for you my sweet song." I feel her arms wrap around my small frame. I look up at her and hug her back, looking out at the park.

Flashback End

Some unforgettable...

6 years ago...

My skin burns as Elias stubs his cigar out on my left wrist, making my skin sizzle. A scream escapes my lips and fills the empty house, the sound echoing from room to room. This had become a daily thing, and more frequent since he did the unthinkable, killing my mother in front of me.

"Δεν θα με παρακούσεις ξανά! (You will not disobey me again!)" He screams grabbing my hair and lifting my head so our eyes lock, the tears flowing down my cheeks. I force a nod, knowing that going against him will result in more pain. He presses the burning cigar into my wrist again, "Μίλα όταν μιλάς στη σκύλα! (Speak when spoken to bitch!)"

"Καταλαβαίνω, λυπάμαι... (I understand, I'm sorry...)" I whimper out, causing a triumphant smirk to appear on his face as he pushes me to the ground. My hair out of his grip and my body aching with bruises and burns, I lay there helpless. I feel a kick to my rib cage, making me curl up to protect myself.

"Δεν θέλω να σε δω για το υπόλοιπο της νύχτας. Πήγαινε στο δωμάτιό σου... ΚΑΙ ΜΕΊΝΕ ΕΚΕΊ! (I don't want to see you for the rest of the night. Go to your room... AND STAY THERE!)" He slams his bedroom door and I silently cry as I ascend the stairs and close my door.

Flashback End

I don't remember what happened after I closed my door but the following morning, I was lay on the floor next to my door. I shake my head, not wanting to get lost in thoughts and be caught doing it. I stand, my legs slightly shaking still from the news. I see boxes near my door, placed there when Elias walked in telling me about the move. I make my way over, picking up one and starting to pack the few possessions that I have, mainly from before my mother...

'No don't get lost in the past Aria...' I think to myself as I fold clothes and place them neatly into the boxes. I didn't have to worry about telling friends about leaving because no one talks to me. I think back to North and Silas, how my life was more bearable when they were around.

7 years ago...

"Do you have to go?" I ask the two boys who have claimed part of my heart. They both nod and hug me tightly as my eyes fill with tears. I always tried to shield my emotions away from Silas and North but I couldn't. It wasn't that long ago I lost my mother and now I was losing the only two people keeping me sane.

"We don't want to Aria baby but..." North starts, his deep voice faltering at the end as he struggles to keep his emotions in check. This is hard on all of us, I can tell.

"We don't have a choice..." Silas finishes off, his voice only audible to me and North. I nod understanding. I hold them both tighter, not wanting this to end.

"I'll miss you so much..." I say, my voice barely a whisper as the tears make me choke on my own words. I feel their warmth radiating off of them in this embrace, the only arms that make me feel safe now.

'But they're leaving...'

"Come on you two. We need to go." Charlie says, causing the three of us to split. I look up at my two best friends, giving them a small smile.

"I won't forget either of you." They smile, hugging me one last time before walking away to get in the car that would take them to the airport and away from me.

Flashback End

They had to leave to get Theo, Silas' brother, the help he needed. He was a pyromaniac and started setting churches on fire. I think it started around the time their mother died and it's how he coped. There are better ways but Theo had always been a little different when it came to coping with grief, guilt and different negative emotions.

When I get out of my head, I find all the boxes sealed, labelled and ready for travelling. I look around my now bare room and sigh, sitting on the floor.

'Bring on tonight...'

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ GhostBird02 signed in ♥

Hey everyone! What were your thoughts? Feel free to comment, vote, and add to your library or reading lists. 

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ GhostBird02 signed out