𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽

Aria's POV

The trees seem to loom over me, creating a small shield from the cold air. The moonlight creeps through the leaves, creating a light green glow over the forest floor. I sigh, loving the feeling of the wind in my hair. I listen as birds settle in their homes for the night as well as the ground creatures. A rustle, too big to be a bird, in the trees causes me to smile as I look up. As I thought, the monkey boy is here again, watching me.

"What are you doing Luke?" I ask, my neck craned upwards so I can see him. He is wearing a white t-shirt, the one he was wearing under his shirt today. However, his pants are different. He is wearing light blue pajama pants, his feet bare. I am no different. I wear my black sweatshirt with black shorts underneath. My feet are bare, something I find relaxing when walking in the woods is feeling the ground beneath me. 

"I could ask you the same thing sugar-cube." I tilt my head to the side slightly, curious about the new nickname. He chuckles lightly at me and climbs down to the ground, faster than when I first met him yesterday but not as fast as I can. 

"Sugar-cube? What's your logic behind that one?" I cross my arms on my chest, watching as he moves closer to me. He is within reaching distance, his vanilla and sugar scent overwhelming me in a good way. I close my eyes and sigh as the wind nips at my bare legs. I open my eyes and look at Luke, waiting for an answer still.

"Well, you're sweet and small, like a sugar-cube." I blush at the compliment, tucking a stray lock of my blonde hair behind my ear. I hear his light chuckles, making me look more directly at him. He smiles, his white teeth visible, making me smile. He speaks again, his baritone voice shining through, "So why are you here, in the woods, alone, in the middle of the night?" I look at him, thinking through the question.

'Maybe I should tell him I have insomnia... But I don't want to-'

"Stop thinking about not telling me and just say it." I come out of my thoughts when Luke talks. I look into those mischievous brown eyes, curiosity and worry swimming over the usual playfulness. The look made me frown slightly, not liking that his playfulness is gone because of my actions.

"I suffer with insomnia. Have since I was about 6." I shrug, stating my condition nonchalantly. The worry is still there but lessened slightly, making me relax. Luke smiles at me, his childishness slowly returning again.

"Well, I can stay with you for tonight if you want. I can tell the others. Or you can." The last sentence confuses me until I see something in his hand, outstretched towards me. I look at him a questioning look but he just continues to smile. I reach out, taking the object from his hands. Luke moves his hands immediately as shock takes over. It is the latest iPhone with a lilac and white case.

"Luke I can't-" I look at the phone, scared it will break in my hands. I have never had something so expensive in my hands and now I do. The fear of breaking this starts making its way throughout my whole body. My hands shake slightly, making my fear only heighten.

"You can and you will. Victor will kill me if I come back with it. Think of it as a gift for being our friend." I look back at the blond boy and hug him tightly, my eyes closed tightly. I feel him relax and his arms snake around my shoulders. I lay my head against his shoulder as his head lay on top of mine. After a few moments of embracing each other, I back away, a light blush on my cheeks. Luke has a similar look on his face but he continues to show that radiant smile.

"Thank you. I mean, I should be thanking Victor but thank you for bringing it here and coming to me." I smile at him and he returns it. He holds out his hand and I take it, his hand clasping around mine. Together, we walk through the woods, towards the end of the street.