Chapter 50- Take the Bitch Down

As the Finalizer made its way towards Batuu, and [Y/n] relished her time working beside Hux for the last time before whatever mysterious undercover mission Ren had planned for her, the Bridge Officers whispered whenever they had the chance.
           It seemed everything Darley had told them was true: [Y/n] was doing her General, and now she was getting special treatment, for whatever reason made sense in Supreme Leader Ren's twisted mind.
            The whole situation was corruption, plain and simple: and something would have to be done about it.
            It was Officer Kitella Kate who first approached [Y/n] on the bridge, a deep sigh escaping her lips, and a grimace on her pale face.
            "Undercover mission, huh?" She said.
            [Y/n] shrugged.
            "I couldn't tell you what it could be about, or why, Kate. But I'm sure whatever it is, I'm as ready as I'll ever be."
            Kate raised a hand, and beckoned for Elsie to join the conversation.
            "Yeah. You have to be. You don't know what might be in store for you out there...personally I plan on seeing what contraband I can get from a certain Batuu...stuff that'd sell quite nicely among the ranks. Or are you going to report me, now that you've got the General for a boyfriend?"
           Elsie crossed her arms.
            "Yeah," she echoed, "Are you a narc?"
             [Y/n] went wide-eyed.
            "How do you-? I don't- I wouldn't rat you out, Kate, you know tha-"
            "I mean who knows," Kate cut back in, "Maybe you were just planted back among us to keep tabs in the ranks, see who's next on the chopping block. I get it-you'd get benefits."
            "I don't get any benefits!" [Y/n] protested, "I swear!"
            "Then um, what's all this about an undercover thing?" Officer Gerda chined in, "Why would Supreme Leader trust you of all people, unless you were working for him or something? I don't know, [Y/n]. Can you blame us for being suspicious?"
"No, I mean...yeah I get it but I'm not working for Ren, he barely even wanted me back in The First Order-"
"It would be so easy for you, [Y/n] darling, to destroy the very fabric of this Order from the inside out when we're not looking" sneered Elsie, "Damn, all you'd have to do is bend over Hux's desk and ask nicely for whatever you wanted. Or you know. Start a false rumor about someone..."
"Elsie! I swear I'm not-!"
"Come on, [Y/n]" said Kate, flipping a strand of her long chestnut hair, "You know how it looks. We've been talking about you, and if we're being honest—we've got an eye on you."
"Yeah!" Added Gerda, "You better watch out! We're watching!"
[Y/n]'s stomach sank.
"And if we see one thing, darling, that proves any sort of disloyalty to The Order, or even just us measly Bridge Officers, we will be doing something about it," said Elsie, "Understand?"
[Y/n] sighed.
"I am not a traitor," she said, "I promise"
"You better." Kate spat, before gesturing to the others to return to their stations—but not before giving [Y/n] one more backwards glare.
Out of the corner of her eye, [Y/n] noticed Officer Darley nodding to herself in sick approval of her followers.

It's no big deal, [Y/n] thought to herself, I can prove my loyalty...this Undercover Mission is just the chance I need to show them just how good an Officer I am. I'm not just General Hux's little pet... I'm smart...I'm capable...And soon, things are going to change.
For the better.

———————————————————————

            Later that evening, Officer Darley returned to her room, locked the door, clicked off the lights, and sat cross-legged on the bottom bunk of her cot.
            Closing her eyes, she let her consciousness sink from the shadowy dim of the silent dormitory, to the velvet black of complete and utter darkness of her mind.
            A few minuets passed as she meditated on everything [Y/n] had ever done that had made her angry. And in accessing that anger, she began to feel a kind of tranquility...
            Then, she made contact.
Goooooood, Palpatine's voice exchoed in Darley's mind, turning multitudes of people against another is very goooood!
Darley smiled through her rage.
"[Y/n] needs to suffer for making a mockery of the First Order...the reborn ashes of your own Empire, Former Emperor...Lord Sidious...and moreover, she needs to suffer for making a mockery of me."
Palpatine's laugh echoed.
Yes. Good. Feel what she did to you...channel that same rage through you, and feel the Dark Side...she will be nothing but a puppet on your string.
            "I want [Y/n] to know that she was foolish to think she could gain power over me. That she could have power over anyone..."
            Revenge is sweet, my apprentice. There is nothing better than setting up your enemies' failure, and watching as they burn. Their bitter failure becomes the Sith's sweet victory.
            "I want to taste that victory, Lord Sidious"
            Palpatine chuckled once more, and in an instant, the once pitch dark room crackled around Darley with bright blue lightning.
            Taste it you shall, my apprentice. Victory shall be yours...victory shall be ours.
            Darley smiled a smile which contained something only held by those who have relinquished and sense of morality.
            "I am going to take the bitch down" she said.
And Palpatine's voice just kept on laughing.