Chapter 57- Outsmarted

As soon as [Y/n] sat down in the med bay chair, the designated droids began their precise work on her shoulder wound, while Hux watched nervously.
  "Bleep bloop bleep!"  said the droid on [y/n's] left.
             "Bleep bleep blooooop!" said the droid on [y/n's] right.
             "Ow!" [Y/n] let out sharply, as one droid grazed the wound putting on a bacta patch. But thankfully, the stinging was soon followed by cool relief.
            Then, the med bay doors hissed open... through which Kylo Ren dramatically entered.
            "Supreme Leader," Hux said, you've arrived just in time."
            "Time for what, General?"
            "To inform you that [Y/n] has safely returned from your mission..."
Hux gestured formally towards you, and  Kylo shot you an intense look.
"So she did," Kylo said. "What's your point, General Hux?"
Hux swallowed hard.
"I...well...I just thought you'd like to know."
            Kylo seemed to sigh, as he turned from Hux to face you directly. His dark eyes bore deeper into you as he asked:
            "You've returned from your mission?"
            "Yes" you replied, "barely made it out alive, though."
            You wanted to curse him right then and there, but you kept calm.
            "So it seems," was Kylo's simple answer.
            "But the mission," you continued, "Was completed successfully, Supreme Leader. I have done everything you asked me to— found the generator, blasted it to pieces—I suppose now it doesn't matter, but I did it."
Ren raised an eyebrow.
"You did?"
You realized you were risking everything doing this, but you had to show Kylo that you were one step ahead of him. You had to prove yourself...
"Affirmative," you replied,"I did."
"Ah. So you did," said Kylo, looking briefly towards Hux, and then back to you.
As soon as Ren's eyes weren't on him, Hux rolled his and scoffed.
"I am ever loyal to you," you said, bowing slightly, "my Supreme Leader "
"So you are," Ren confirmed.
For a moment, you were sure you were done for. Surely Kylo would execute you for your lying, your attitude, for still being alive at all...
But instead, he nodded. The last person to have outsmarted him like this was Luke Skywalker, on Crait. And if [Y/n] possessed the same kind of power, she would have to be kept close.
"[Y/n], you've proven to be a surprisingly loyal servant...I want you to assist me. I am promoting you to the rank of Lieutenant, and you will work directly under me. Can you do that for me?"
            Your jaw nearly dropped.
            "L-Lieutenant?"
            "You will sleep in new quarters, given a new uniform... and new missions."
            Kylo then reached out a hand, provoking one of the nearby droids with the Force. It let out a few beeps, prompting you to follow it there.
            "Thank you, Supreme Leader" you said.
            "And as for you, General Hux..."
           Hux sneered.
            "I want to have a word with you. Alone"
            "Supreme Leader I-"
            "After my Lieutenant leaves."
            You looked to Hux desperately, and he looked desperately back. The droid let out a few beep boops and you realized you had to go.
            You bowed properly on your way out. But inside, you were terrified. This was all some sick game, and you were now a major piece in it.
            What was Kylo Ren up to now?

——————

            Hux's heart dropped as soon as {y/n] exited. 

            It was just him and Kylo then- and nothing scared Hux more than that.

            "Supreme Leader," he said, trying to appear obedient. Kylo Ren scoffed.