Chapter 15: Run of Shame

Author Note: Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. Some very crazy/bad personal stuff happened and I simply couldn't write. I will try to update more often and I am not ghosting y'all:)

            You run for it. The hallway is cold, and you run for it, heels in hand. You can feel your heart pounding, not out of ecstasy this time, but of fear.
            You look like an absolute mess- dress crinkled, barefooted, [h/c] hair tangled, makeup-smeared- how could you have been so foolish? This was the First Order, a galactic organization dedicated to the control and regulation of all things. Everything and everyone had to be perfect at all times, at all costs. How could you have thought a physical relationship with your own General, your own boss to be possible?
            In this realization, you stop in the empty hallway, the panic setting in. This was a mistake, inexcusable, unforgettable. And you know Hux has feelings for you- or at least did on a whim. But he is the uptightest of the uptight, and you know he won't back down from his promise.
            "It won't happen again."
You feel the anxiety bubbling up inside you. By the farthest galaxy, you have ruined your life... but suddenly-
            "What are you doing?" A deep voice asks crisply. Your heart stops, and you look up to come face to chest with someone in black with very broad shoulders.
Oh no.
            "Ren..."
It was Kylo. His dusky glare cut into your confidence- or lack there of- like a knife.
Like the hottest lightsaber.
            "I said. What are you doing?"
You gulp.
            "Oh um sir I was... just getting back from an Officer party. Pass, you know? I fell asleep and-"
            "In the Generals' wing?"
Kylo was not taking any bullshit. You had to make up an excuse, something-
            "I am embarrassed to say that I was quite intoxicated. I fell asleep, blacked out. The General found me lying in the hall, felt it wasn't necessary enough to bring me to med bay, but since he didn't know where my quarters were, he allowed me to recover in his- on a sofa, Lord Ren."
Kylo's eyes narrowed.
            "General Hux did this?"
            "Yes Lord Ren. I doubt he wished to, but given the circumstances it was most convenient. I won't be so foolish to drink so much again."
Kylo let out a sigh. It seemed he was satisfied enough with this- for now.
            "Well," he said, "I am sure Leader Snoke, as well as your General, would appreciate if you returned to you quarters and regulation attire instead of wandering around like a raging harlot. You are dismissed."
            You could feel yourself seething, but you kindly smiled and thanked the officer that just called you a whore.
            "Thank you, Lord Ren. My apologies."
            That was beyond close.