Chapter 36- Dreams of Darkness

The battle on Takodana was a frenzy—but the First Order's fleets zoomed in as soon as the trackers detected BB8.
            Just as the Republic was decimated.
            Kylo Ren knew there was no other option but to move. No time to think, no time to feel— only move.
            After the debacle with Hux, though he would never had admitted it, Kylo had felt a slight pull to the side of the light. Snoke sensed it, and had berated him for it, thinking it was related to sympathy for father, Han Solo. But what Kylo would never tell him was that in reality, he had begun to harbor...feelings.
           For General Hux....
            Gross.
            For then, all that mattered to Kylo was proving that he was truly devoted to the darkness— and all he had to do was find that girl, and get that droid. In turn, locating and obliterating Luke Skywalker and the Jedi once and for all. Because once you destroy all that is light, Kylo thought to himself, it must be impossible to deny the darkness.
            Approaching Rey in the woods, red lightsaber swooshing against the lush green backdrop, Kylo Ren felt powerful. More powerful than he'd felt in quite awhile. He didn't know this girl, but she was about to know him—black robes, terrifying mask, strong stance—intimidating someone like that was a rush. Kylo thought, this must be how Darth Vader felt every single day....
And the realization that this girl had seen the map already only filled Kylo with more joy. Yes, he thought, finally...the time has come for a real intimidation. Time to show the resistance what I am really made of. Darkness... nothing but deep, terrible darkness.
So with a simple wave of his leather gloved hand, Kylo knocked the girl out cold, and scooped her up in his hands, and carried him with his troops back to his ship. Back to Starkiller Base for questioning. Soon, she was bound in the interrogation chair in front of him...

            "You know I can take whatever I want? You're so lonely, so afraid to leave. At night, desperate to sleep. Imagine an ocean. I see it...I see the island. And Han Solo. You feel like he's the father you never had? He would've disappointed you... I know you've seen the map. It's in there, and now you'll give it to me. Don't be afraid. I feel it too."

            But in a twist of fate, the girl wasn't so easy. She was strong in the force... and she sensed Kylo's fears....

What to do then? What to do...?

            "...The droid?" Snoke yelled upon Kylo's explanation.
            "Ren believed it was no longer valuable to us, that the girl was all we needed" snarked Hux, who strutted into the hologram throne room. It was the first time Kylo had seen him since the incident- yet Hux showed no sign of faltering. "As a result, the droid has most likely been returned to the hands of the enemy. They may have the map already."
            "Then the Resistance must be destroyed before they get to Skywalker."
            "We have their location. We tracked the reconnaissance ship to the Ileenium System."
            "Good. Then we will crush them once and for all. Prepare the weapon."
            Kylo couldn't believe it. Was Hux really that stubborn? That insistent that he was incapable? Or perhaps he was still angry with him about ...

All that....

            "Supreme leader" Kylo said, wide-eyed, "I can get the map from the girl. I just need your guidance."

I can do it, and I don't know why you think I can't!!!!

            Hux turned and left without a word.

Okay then. Be that way.

            "If what you say about this girl is true," drawled Snoke, "Bring. Her. To. Me."

            And so with every intention to retrieve her, Kylo turned and left. There was nothing that could get in the way of his dreams of darkness— not the scavenger girl, not his father, and certainly not General Hux.

I will, Supreme Leader... I will...

Everything would go according to plan.

No matter what it would take.