Chapter 26- Awaken

It was early morning-schedule on the Finalizer, but General Hux had no idea what time it was. He woke up draped in his own coat on the cold hard floor of a quarter that was not his own-- a quarter he knew well, though he had never seen it from that angle. 

            He remembered the night before and felt a sickness bubble up inside of him. 

             Yeah, he'd definitely kissed Kylo Ren. More than kissed Kylo Ren. He'd fully made out with Kylo Ren. What a terrible, exciting, disgusting thought. 

            Slowly, he peeled himself off the ground and checked his wristclock. He was over an hour late to his post. He looked all around the room and saw that Kylo was nowhere to be found. Typical Kylo thoughtlessness. Hux cursed himself and stood, thinking through all the files and things he had to do... 

            What would [y/n] think of him is she knew what he'd done?

            No, he thought, never mind that. [y/n] would be dead if Kylo suspected anything more between them, and if Hux had rejected Kylo last night... what was it that he'd said? 

"You don't know what you'd be losing"

            That was most certainly a threat. If I truly wish to ascend to the top of The First Order, I must... 

{BEEP BEEP!}

            The sound came from Hux's wristclock. It was an incoming call from Phasma. 

            Kriff

            "Hello? Yes? This is General Hux of The First Order"

            "I know it is you, General. It's me. Captain Phasma. It states on your log you were supposed to have checked in 38 microcycles ago. Why are you not at your post?"

            Hux thought for a moment. 

            "Well, I... I was decoding a spare file from some far off coordinates. It seemed to be a rebel threat, but it appears I was mistaken. But without [y/n] around to work on it for me, I found no reason not to finish it myself"

            "But [y/n] is around, General. She just got released from the medical bay this morning"

            Oh.          

            "Indeed. Then I shall meet her for a debriefing session on our new plan trajectory immediately."

            "Affirmative" 

{CLICK}

            Hux let out a deep sigh. That was close. Quickly, he gathered himself, fixed his coat, and exited Kylo's living quarters like they were about to implode. It wasn't long before Hux regained that signature, stone-cold air of decorum which he always held. Kylo was a nothing-- Nobody would suspect a thing. What mattered now was that Hux see [y/n]. If the First Order was to prevail, and their so-called office-romance was to succeed, Hux would have to go about things in a slightly different way. 

Hux hurt [y/n] by trying to ignore his feelings. 

He did not intend to make the same mistake again.