Chapter 14: Morning

For the next few hours, you were engulfed in pure softness, a lilac-cloud blanket of shimmering sleep. You were in heaven. But then you woke up.
            There was a distinct sort of quiet all about the room, an almost-buzzing sound. And the sound of steady breathing. It seemed you had slept in an odd position, as your body ached with a few muscular strains- not to mention the slightest hint of a hangover from the small glass you'd had last night-yes, you'd certainly had one. There was however a satisfying tingle all about you, and something warm closing you tighter beneath the comforter where you lay-which you then realized was in fact, a bed. A large bed- not regulation. You could feel your own nudity, hair frizzing up around your face, and in one single heartbeat- you realized the implications of everything you'd just done.
            The next thing you realized, of course, was that the warmth which kept you curled tightly beneath the covers was in fact, the coatless arm of General Hux, which extended into the warm coatless torso against your dressless back. And Hux was fast asleep.
            You noticed then, the distinct taste of morning in your mouth, and wondered if there was a way you could possibly get out of this without waking the passed-out general, and wondered if perhaps such an attempt would be worth it. Silently, you began to squirm inch my inch from Hux's tight spooning grasp, hoping that maybe...
            But, he began to turn over. Shit. Slowly, you managed to flip yourself gracefully in his grasp so that you were-
            Oh.
            Face to face with the General...
            Well, the first thing you noticed was that his hair was a mess, and there was a certain pink flush to his face. You had never seen the General half as disheveled as this- anything but hair slicked, stern faced, and in uniform-probably no one had. But there he was, sleeping oh-so peacefully right in front of you. You could feel his breath on your face. Maybe if you slipped this way or that, and got your dress, lying on the floor beside the blue low sofa, maybe if you squirmed a little bit that way-
            "Ughh..."
Oh no. Hux was moving, he was moving and-
            "-Kriff!"
The moment he saw you, his eyes went wide, and he borderline-threw you so quickly from his grasp, you nearly fell off the bed.
            And you did catch a solid glimpse of his bare torso in the process.
            "General I-"
            "Don't say a word."
You could see the hot embarrassment in his cheeks- you could  practically feel it, taste it, cut through it with a lightsword-
            Slowly and carefully, you began to make your way across the room to your dress, most definitely displaying a bit more of yourself to Hux than you'd intended. You could hear your heart pounding.
            Meanwhile, Hux muttered something under his breath- likely a string of curses- posh ones, the General was far from lewd. In truth, Hux felt awful about the implications of everything he'd just woken up to. For a General- the General of a ship to screw his own subordinate- and a new one at that? How disgustingly unprofessional. And to think, he'd only just started getting to know her- she would have to be transferred at-
            "General," you whispered sheepishly, "I'm sorry."
Something in Hux's chest dropped.
           "Do not worry about it, [y/n]," he said coldly, "I assure you it will not happen again."
That hurt.
            "Of course," you stammered, "We'll be professional. I wont- I'm sorry."
            "Report to my office at ten. I expect to see the plans from two days ago on my desk. Is that clear?"
Hux's voice broke slightly as he said it.
            "Perfectly clear, sir."
There was a moment of silence between you then, which felt oddly peaceful- like you could have stayed that way forever and nothing would have to change.
            Not a second later, you picked up your shoes, flattened your hair the best you could, and made a run for it.