Chapter 16: All Falls Down

When you finally reach your quarters, you feel a weight lift off your chest. Your head is spinning, your heart is pounding, but you're alive. You're safe.
            Though you try to banish it from your mind, you find a certain sensual glow still lingers on your body.         Shameful.
            Kylo Ren, that mysterious First Order Knight dangerous in the force, had called you a harlot. A whore. A tackly little jailbird walking the halls torn apart and ready for a scandal. You were one wrong step away from becoming the Order's next big joke- or worse yet, demoted.
            No, there was no place for pleasures of those sorts for any woman here. You were meant to be a soldier, a scientist, a technician, not General's Escort- if such a position exists. Force, you hope one doesn't.
            "Hey," a faint voice calks out from beneath your double bed. You feel your body tense.
            "Darley! Hi, I-"
            "Looks like you had fun..."
Oh heck no. You had forgotten all about your roommate- your best friend... Darley. Tough luck getting out of this one.
           "No, no Darley it's not like that I was just-"
             "Oh? Then why'd all your lipstick smear, huh? Why're you coming home early morning holding your shoes? Hmmm?"
You sigh, examining Darley. She's shorter than most, with hair of a harsh brunette chopped bluntly in bangs across her round face. She isn't pretty in a usual sense- you assume she's likely been alone for awhile, if not always- but her dark stone eyes possess something that could draw anyone in. Her energy when it came to romance was fantastic.
            "Okay," you breath, "I did... hookup with someone last night. It was nothing serious, nothing like it looks, just-"
            "Oooooh, who?? Who??"
            "It was, uhhhhhhhh..."
            Fuck.
            You couldn't tell her the truth: that you, on that fine night of celebration, banged your commanding officer: Hux nonetheless. No, you had to make up something else, something far more-
             "I hooked up with Elsie," you blurt, "There. Happy?"
           There is a look of wide-eyed disbelief on Darley's face, and you realize that you'd probably bit off far more than you can chew with that one...
           "Elsie?!?! But... isn't she with-?"
           "Yeah. I know."
           "And she... I thought she was?"
            "Yeah, yeah, it was pretty dumb. That's why you can't tell anyone. Got it? Elsie would kill me if it got out."
            It was true. Elsie likely would kill you if she found out you made up a lie about her. It would better that Darley keep her mouth shut.
            "It's okay," Darley whispers, "I won't tell anyone. But you need to tell me all about it..."
             "Right, all about it."
             You wonder what Hux would do in this situation. Likely not make up a story that he made out with his friend. Regardless, he most certainly hates you after all that happened. As you begin to detail you and Elsie's false escapades, you dream of Hux. Even in the most intimate moments, he still held an air of decency- of poise. Truly he could never really love anyone.
           But you'll still be here when it all falls down. No matter what the ginger General thinks.

AUTHOR NOTE: Heyyyyoo I am SO SO SO sorry for the hiatus. I've been dealing with a lot of crazy shit, and schoolwork, and I have important exams coming up. As soon as that's over, expect fairly regular updates. I may not have been writing this story all this time, but boy have I been thinking about it and planning, and I have plans >:) so stay tuned. Thanks as well for staying around for my story. I love you all!! <3