Chapter 43- Gossip on the Bridge

It was far too early in the morning cycle, and neither Supreme Leader Ren or General Hux had arrived at the bridge.
And no, high ranking officers never had to arrive early for things, because there wasn't really anyone above them who would fire (see: execute) them if they were at all late.
But on the Finalizer, most of the average ranking officers did.
Officer Darley, Officer Elsie, as well as three other bridge officers— Gerda, Kate, and Lor—were all waiting at their posts. And it was this moment, at this time of day, where it had become a sort of routine for those bridge officers to chat and gossip about their troubles.

Today, they were talking about you.

"Are you sure it was [Y/n]?" Darley asked, "Not just somebody who looked an awful lot like her?"
The officer who Darley was addressing—Officer Gerda—had curly auburn hair which spiraled under her regulation hat, and a face full of freckles. She nodded her head.
"It was Officer [Y/n], I could see it!" She said, "I couldn't make it up if I tried!"
"Crashing in on a stolen TIE fighter and bolting through the halls— sounds a lot like her. She never knew when to stop..."
"Personally I'm kind of shocked she'd even bother showing her face in here again," said Elsie, green eyes glaring, "After the lies she spread about me? Brent was so scared that I cheated on him with that little tramp, and I had nothing to convince him of the truth but like, my word!"
"Well you know, Else," whispered Officer Kate, "I did sell [Y/n] a pretty pricey bottle of liquor from Hosnian Prime before Starkiller...I think I told Darley about it but I guess she never mentioned it to you..."
            Elsie's brow pinched together.
            "Hosnian Prime? Oooh okay, [Y/n] was doing some big shit then... Fancy and illicit and super secret..."
             "Right," said Kate, "And she wanted it so stay secret..."
            "Well I didn't know [Y/n] very well," said Lor, a tall man with well-groomed black hair, "But it seems unusual to me that an officer of her standing would even have a secret so intense. What sort of affair was so bad she  felt like she had to hide it?"
            Kate smiled.
            "Oh, Lor baby you're so naïve."
            "I am not naïve! I just don't like sticking my nose up in other people's business..."
            "I think what Kate is trying to say," Darley cut in, " Is that [Y/n] was having an affair that actively meddled with First Order regulations. Something so illicit, it had to stay hidden...even from me, her roommate and very best friend. Because if it got out, it'd ruin more than just her reputation."
            "Well she certainly doesn't care about that,"  Officer Gerda said, "I wouldn't guess someone who streaks naked down the halls cares much for reputation..."
"Certainly not!!" Said Elsie, "Or someone who lies about hooking up with their fellow officers arbitrarily...like me!!! Wait...what does that say about me?!?"
"Guys, guys, please," begged Lor, "Is this all really necessary? [Y/n] isn't here to defend herself, and—"
"And when did you become a Jedi or something?" Mocked Kate, "All obsessed with fairness? The light?"
Lor wilted.
"I'm not a Jedi, I just think...well to be honest I think this is stupid. So what if [Y/n]'s back? She's a good Officer. She'd be helping the cause, not hurting it."
Darley thought about this for a moment.
"This thing is, Lor," she said finally, "She isn't helping the cause. Because she is doing something so diabolical, it makes me sick just thinking about it."
Lor's eyes widened.
"Oh?"
"What's she doing?" Begged Gerda, "What is it?"
Darley smiled darkly.
"You sure you want to know? It's a pretty intense secret, and if it got out? Well... I don't know what might happen..."
"Tell us!" Said Kate, "Tell us!"
"Well," said Darley, "The truth is, [Y/n] is screwing General Hux"
The bridge officers' jaws all dropped.
"Our boss, General Hux?" Stuttered Lor.
"Mmhm. Her boss General Hux. That's definitely the only reason she came back..."
"And so...that means...Hux is screwin' her back!" Gerda shrieked.
Darley rolled her eyes.
"Well obviously? That's kind of...necessary. For the whole business of you know...screwing..."
"I know that," said Gerda, "I just meant...you know what I meant! Hux has...feelings!!! Who woulda thought?"
"I wouldn't say that," Elsie deadpanned, "it just means that Hux has needs like the rest of us...you know. He gets horny. And I mean, I can't imagine him not, with all the stress he's always under. Kriff, I'm surprised he doesn't hire prostitutes to—"
"You cannot say that!!!" Lor snapped, "That's our boss! If he walked in here and heard you say that, do you know what he'd do?!?!"
Elsie rolled her eyes, and smoothed the thin tinsel boa that peeked out from under her regulation uniform.
"Well, personally, he hasn't done much about the other rules I regularly get away with breaking so...hm probably nothing..."
"You don't really believe that."
"I could get away with murder, darling..."
Kate sighed.
"Can you shut up for a second so I can process all this...[Y/n] bought that wine from me...for Hux?!?! I charged her way too little!!"
"That's what you're worried about?" Said Lor. "Not, oh I don't know, The Order?"
"And what's to say about The Order?"
"I don't know, Officer Kate, maybe that it's being put in danger by our General's emotions, and a loose canon officer's lack of respect for professionalism!!!"
At that, Darley smiled.
"And what," she said, "Makes you think Supreme Leader Kylo Ren any better?"
Elsie furrowed a brow.
"How's any of this about Ren?" She asked.
"I'm just saying," said Darley, "I have reason to believe our Leader lets emotions get the better of him just as much...maybe more!"
"And you know this how?" Elsie drawled.
"Oh I don't know anything, really..." Darley continued, "But you've seen his temper tantrums. And his tension and anger towards Hux...That's all I think I need to say..."
The bridge was overcome with silence.
"Well," said Gerda finally, "I guess our Order is on the verge of collapse. Huh..."
"I wouldn't say that yet," Lor cautioned, "But this is all...very concerning to be sure. Very concerning individual..."
"[Y/n] needs to be stopped," said Kate, "That's all it really comes down to. Cut out the thing hindering Hux, maybe cut out a rift between him and following Ren's orders. Things would be more standing then."
Darley shrugged.
"That could be it."
"Well no matter what's going on, I'm with that, darling" said Elsie, slamming a fist on the side of a control panel, "And for me, it's about a personal vendetta."
Kate grinned.
"Kriff yeah. Take the bitch down."
"Makes sense," added Gerda, "I mean, she cannot just stroll back in here after making such a fool of herself, and act like the General's pet or something!! That is so unfair!! I'm on board too."
Lor looked pained.
"Well," he said, "While I cannot say for sure what needs to be done, I agree what [y/n] has done is extremely unprofessional. I think I need to do some digging.."
"Yes," Darley said, "I think that would be wise. You think you know people and then they turn out toxic to everything you hold dear...shameful. But don't forget...this is all very sensitive information. If Hux finds out you know, that I know, we are all doomed. Got me?"
The bridge officers nodded in agreement.
"We got you," said Kate, "We won't say a word.
"Yes," said Lor, "Because we want what is best for The First Order. And we will do what it takes."
"No matter what it takes," added Elsie.
Darley grinned.
"Fantastic. Right. That's the way it will have to go..."
Suddenly, right on schedule, the double doors slid open, and General Hux entered the bridge, and the five bridge officers fell in line.
The look on his face was stern, and his hands were clasped behind his back, as he made his was across the catwalk and towards his post near the window, taking a moment to look directly at at every last officer individually as he did.
"Good day, Officers," he spat, "It is certainly going to be a long one. Are all navigational and security systems running at optimum speed?"
Gerda and Lor exchanged a nervous glance.
"Yes, General Hux," said Elsie, "Everything is perfect."
"Marvelous," Hux said. Now all we have to do is await the Supreme Leaders' instructions..."
Darley smirked, as Hux turned back towards the infinite expanse of space.
"Oh, and Officer Elsie was it?" He added, causing her posture to slightly jolt upwards.
"Yes, General?"
"I am quite certain the nonsense you're wearing around your neck is far from being permitted by regulation," he said darkly, "So remove the tinsel by the time I turn around, or never live to disrespect The First Order again. Is that understood?"
For the first time since Darley had known her, Elsie looked afraid.
"Understood," she said, as she fumbled with the boa, finally managing to shove it into the nearest garbage chute, where it was sucked into nothingness, "It will not happen again."
As soon as Hux stopped looking to the officers, Darley leaned over to Elsie and said,
"Get away with murder, my ass!"
Elsie, still slightly shaken, rolled her eyes.
"Shut the fuck up."

Hux was right....
This was going to be a long day...

________________________________

***AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys!!

Just quickly letting you know I'm kind of working on a surprise thing that is related to First Order Adventure so you might want to make sure you're following me if you're interested in bonus content...

Love u guys!! ❤️❤️

Xoxoxo, Jessie