Chapter 55- Through the Comm

When you hear Hux's voice crackle through your communicator, you feel as if you could melt right then and there.
             "Where are you," he asks, tone trembling, "Are you still on Batuu?"
            "No General," you reply, "I was forced to...escape"
            There is a brief pause.
            "Escape from the Resistance?" Hux presses, "You got captured?"
              "Not exactly. I...I had to escape from...from members of the First Order."
              There is an indistinguishable sound from Hux, but he carries on:
            "Have you lost your mind?" he says.
            "No, it's not like that," you say, "I was not...committing any act of treason, General. In fact, I was being quite loyal. It was those Offices... Elsie, Kate, Gerda, Lor..."
            "What happened?"
            "I figured out that...well...Ren's plan was a lie. And I tried to tell them but...They turned on me"
            You wish you could see Hux's face at that...
            "R-Ren's plan?" he stuttered.
            "He gave me coordinates to what he told me was a main access to the Resistance base...but, I figured out that it wasn't what he said it was. Instead, it was a trap. Kylo sent me out to kill me. I shouldn't have been surprised."
            "I am...truly at my wits end with our Supreme Leader, [y/n]. I frankly knew he was planning something when I received my own orders... nobody else was given coordinates to any kind of base. The base's location was the very information we were searching for! How despicable..."
            "Quite"
            "...And you say that the bridge officers turned on you? Feeding right into Kylo's plot?"
            "...I think Darley put them up to it. But...that's just an accusation..."
            There is silence between you for a minute or so. Despite being all alone floating in space, you feel peaceful. Or maybe that's just the loss of blood...
            "Augh!!-" you cry, your would getting the better of you.
            "Y/n," Hux crackles, "You did not inform me that you were hurt."
            "Yeah," you say, "Shoulder wound. I'll be fine. Once I return to the Finalizer..."
            "[Y/n]..." Hux starts.
            "Yeah?"
            "The Finalizer...has been rather damaged. The loathsome Resistance got away with our prisoners, and managed to slip one too many fleets through light speed... Ren disappeared to fight the vermin, ended up finding the scavenger girl...and so, all the command was left to me. But it was too late."
            You think about this.
            "So...the ship was damaged...under your command?"
            "Ren is furious. I will have to calm him down, you know how he gets..."
"Yeah," you sigh, wanting to punch Ren, "I know how he gets"
There is a moment of dead silence between the two of you, and you want nothing more than for Hux to be curled up in the pod bedside you, as you hurtle toward some unknown planet, where nobody could ever find you. But that was not reality, and you were alone.
"[Y/n]?" Hux says finally.
            "Yes?" You reply.
            "I am sending you the coordinates or what's left of the Finalizer, and I want you to get here as quickly as you can. Can you do that for me?"
            "Yes General," you sigh, "Yes! I'll come to you. And I will show our Supreme Leader that I'm still here. I live. And I will continue to be ever as resilient."
            "Good. I'll meet you at the TIE dock, I'll reel you in to my personal docking cell...The coordinates have been sent. Be brisk."
            You feel yourself grinning through your pain.
            "I love you, General," you say, "I love you more than anything."
            "And I love you, [Y/n]. More than anything. Anything in the whole Galaxy"