Chapter 30- Tempting

***NOTE The relationship going on between Kylo and Hux is toxic, but it is all consensual! Nevertheless, if you don't like toxicity, reader discretion is advised!

            Leaving Hux's office, you passed by Kylo Ren without even a glance, or a second thought. He was not somebody that you needed or wanted to deal with, and so you decided you wouldn't have to. Tonight was to be all about you, and you were not going to let some emo-edgelord-wannabe-Sith-lord ruin it for you. You'd messaged Elsie's friend about the wine, and were on your way to the Officers' Lounge to pick it up quickly and discreetly. You glanced behind your shoulder one more time, just for safety, and caught one more look of Ren's shadowy figure, gazing down the hall after you, and swiftly turning down a corner. Strange, you thought. But once again-- unimportant. 

            But what you didn't know was that as soon as you left Ren's line of sight, he reached into his robe pockets and pulled out a tele-communicator, which he immediately used to comm your best friend, Officer Darley. 

            "[Y/n] has left the office, headed towards the Officers Wing. What now? Over"

There was static for a second before Darley responded:

            "Perfect. She will be out of our way until she's in position. It's go time for phase one. Over."

Kylo shut off the tele-communicator and replaced it back within his pocket. 

            Something else you didn't know is that Darley was very very good friends with Elsie's friend Kate-- the Officer you'd gone to fetch wine from-- and she had specifically asked Kate for information on you in exchange for a fine liquor made from a plant which only grew on Hosnian Prime, which had been Darley's home planet before joining the First Order. And knowing of the Order's plans to destroy the Hosnian system, Kate knew said beverage would be extremely valuable before long, and willingly revealed to Darley both the fact that you had purchased wine, and .the specifics of when you planned to pick it up. From this information, Darley had reason to believe you were planning to seduce Hux that very night, which gave her the perfect circumstances under which to set her and Kylo's plan into action. 

             With a swoosh of his cape, Kylo Ren made his way down the corridor  to Hux's office, where the General was still working on a few encryptions. Hux was always overworking himself like that. He probably did at least 4 jobs that weren't his, just for the sake of efficiency. What a control freak, Kylo thought.  There was something about that though that Kylo would never have admitted he found endearing. Stealthily, he opened the office door and slipped inside. 

             "What are you doing?" he asked suddenly. 

Hux practically jumped out of his chair. 

            "Ahh! For Kriff's sake, Ren. You scared me."

            "I didn't think you'd be here alone. [y/n] gone for the night?"

            "What's it matter to you?"

            "Never said it did."

            Hux couldn't begin to gather his thoughts. One moment he was alone, agonizing over some stupid Resistance codes, and the next, Kylo Ren, the one man standing in the way of his relationship with [y/n] was standing right there, scaring him half to death. And the worst part about it was that Hux kind of liked it.  

            "Ren, I think there is something we need to discuss."

            "I already know what you're going to say."

            "Do you?"

            "It's about last night."

Well, Hux thought. At least Ren was right about one thing. 

            "Mmm. And what exactly was, last night, Ren?"

Kylo paused for a moment. 

            "I don't know, Hux! Does it matter?"

            "It seems like something that would, to any sane person!"

            "You wanted it."

Hux felt his stomach sink at the same time as a hot blush covered his face. 

            "Oh? And how could you possibly know what I want?"

            "I can read minds.

 Oh yeah. That

            "Ren," Hux started, "I would suggest that from now on it might be best to keep our involvements strictly professionAL-!"

Hux was cut off by a tight, invisible hand around his throat. Ren was force choking him. 

            "I see into your mind now Hux," Ren murmured, "and I know that you like it. You want more. I can feel it. Relent."

And just like that, he let go, leaving Hux coughing on the floor. 

Kriff. The truth was, Hux really did like it. He loved [y/n], but there was something about Kylo that was just so... tempting. It was horrible, Hux knew, but he could hardly resist. 

            "-Ren I.. Ack! Fine! What's your... point?"

Kylo looked Hux dead in the eyes. 

            "Give in."

            Slowly but surely, Kylo kneeled down to meet Hux, cup his face in his hands, and kiss him, more gently this time than the last, and Hux gave in-- hands grasping at Kylo's dark, beautiful hair as he held their faces together through the kiss. Not missing a beat, Kylo began to stand, bringing Hux with him. They made out standing for a moment, but soon Kylo pushed Hux away, and gestured towards the office door. Carefully and vigilantly, they made their way down the hallway towards the higher ranking officers' wing, stopping every so often to continue with their tongue-war. By the time the made it to the door, they were too engrossed in it to stop, typing in the passcode for the lock with lips still intertwined. 

They were about to enter Hux's quarters. 

***This can't end well!! Don't worry-- Hux still loves you! I promise Kylux is not going to be the focus of this fic... But hey, what's a good story without a good old fashioned love triangle?

Thanks for reading! And stay tuned for more!

xoxo, Jessie : )