Chapter 23- Aurora

[y/n]'s eyes fluttered as the blinding white room before her began to take shape. White walls, white lights, white everything. There is nothing else she could sense except for the slight pinching in her right wrist— an IV, no doubt— and as well, a faint beeping and whirring of medical equipment and droids. The whole thing had this distinct element of grogginess that [y/n] couldn't quite face. Part of her wished to escape it, while part of her wanted to lean as far into it as she could, snd never come back.
            But suddenly, the damp cloudy haze was broken by a warm hand on [y/n]'s cheek, caressing her face in the most gentle way one could imagine. There was a softness to it, a genuineness that make [y/n]'s heart flutter— it made her feel safe, and secure.
            "If only I'd known I'd cause you so much distress," its voice murmured, more to itself than to [y/n]. The voice was crisp and clipped, yet simultaneously as soft as the touch. It was General Hux's no doubt.
            "Irresponsible," he whispered, "How dreadfully irresponsible."
            Slowly, [y/n] began to open her eyes more fully, the blurriness in her vision slightly fading until the white, industrial, medical walls were met with an outline dressed in sharp black, with eyes of ice blue, and hair of smoldering red. Eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed taut— a look of concern upon his face. The rise and fall of a torso's overly-controlled breaths, and the stiffness of its posture.
            "I'm so... sorry."
            [y/n] let out a pained sigh, her vision then strong enough then to lock eyes with Hux, whose own blue ice crystals widened in surprise.
            "Hux..." [y/n] croaked, "What...? What are you doing here?"
The General took a deep breath.
            "You know as well as anyone there is no use pretending anything other than what is true, if such deception fails to benefit any one of its participants."
            [y/n] furrowed her brow.
            "I don't understand."
            "What I am trying to say," Hux half-whispered, "Is that I... should not have denied thinking of our correspondences if only to place destruction of your productivity."
            "Hux," [y/n] breathed, "I don't know what you're saying."
There was a pause, as if Hux stopped to think for a moment, plotting his next move in intergalactic chess. Them, decidedly and precisely, he reached down to cup [y/n]'s face in his hands, and placed a deep kiss on her lips—soft and passionate.
            [y/n], though weakened by whatever cocktail of IV fluids were coursing through her veins, knew nothing else but to reach up toward her general's form and kiss him back.
            And so they stayed kissing like that, softly and quietly, in the medical bay for what seemed like both an hour and an instant— accompanied by no other sound but the beeping of the monitors and the beating of real hearts. 

~Yes~