Chapter 2: The First Encounter

You followed Hux from the bridge, making sure to stay close behind. You didn't want the General to think you were irresponsible- that would certainly get you killed. Finally, you made your way into his office, and he sat down elegantly at his desk. You realized that a certain sense of calm- relief, possibly?- seemed to wash over him as the doors to the office shut, though it showed more in his posture than in his face, which was still harsh as ever.
            "So, [y/n] was it?"
You nodded eagerly.
            "Yes sir. [y/n] is my name."
Hux half-sneered.
            "And you think you can codebreak this droid's internal mapping?"
You weren't sure if Hux was being condescending, or if he was genuinely curious, but you nodded nonetheless.
            "Yes sir. I used to work with droids day in and day out before I started work on the bridge, sir."
Hux grinned ever so slightly.
            "Well then," he spat, "I expect you to have eighty lines of code sorted within the next hour. That's my order, [y/n]. Get to it!"
There was something undeniably sexy about the way Hux gave orders, which forced you to repress a blush. You hoped to the force he didn't notice.

            As you worked, Hux sat at his own personal desk sorting out paper after paper after paper. You started to think that the General would drown in so much work, but he continued on. You had barely reached forty lines of code yourself, but didn't want to disrupt protocol by asking for a lunch break. You supposed you would have to keep going.
            "You've been working very long," Hux said suddenly. You jumped.
            "Yes sir," you said, "I have not yet completed all eighty lines of code."
Hux smiled at that.
           "Don't mind that, [y/n], I was only saying that to motivate. Give it one half hour. You may return to work shortly after."
  You smiled.
            "Thank you General."
There was an awkward silence. You were not sure if you were permitted to leave.
            "Be back shortly. I will be here."
As you left the room, you weren't sure if you imagined Hux give a look of conflict after you. Why was he treating you so kindly? You had no idea.