Chapter 60- You Rule Me

Content warning for this chapter: a somewhat explicit NSFW kinky sex scene. 

It's at the end, if you read up until it starts, you can skip it!

-xx Jessie 

______________________________________________________________________________

            Throughout all of her time serving The First Order, being a Lieutenant was not something that had never crossed [Y/n]'s mind. But there she was, wearing her brand new, freshly pressed uniform and hat with brand new, shiny, shiny Lieutenant's badge. And honestly, [y/n] couldn't decide which was the craziest part of it all: The fact that after everything that happened, Kylo Ren himself was the one who promoted her, or, the fact that Officer Darley managed to die before ever knowing about [y/n]'s new title...

            There was a part of Lieutenant [Y/n] that felt bad about the fact that such thoughts even crossed her mind. But there was another, much stronger part, that liked hearing and saying "Lieutenant [Y/n]" too much to question it any further.

I am now in a position of power. I am now someone with responsibility... REAL responsibility. The kind of responsibility Hux has. The kind of responsibility people both crave and fear...

            Of course, the power held by a First Order Lieutenant was nowhere near that of the role of General. That being said, compared to [Y/n]'s previous positions, it felt, frankly, insane--especially given that it was something she had no prior training for. She had been a droid programmer, a bridge officer, and a General's assistant— and now she was expected to engage in actual battle strategy, logistics, and planning? If the people around her hadn't been distracted by the rest of her scandals, they would have certainly raised an eyebrow at this kind of promotion. But, of course, Kylo Ren was the Supreme Leader— everybody knew that whatever he says, goes.

            This moment in time in particular was an odd one to start a new job, [y/n] thought, as the ghost(?) of one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time— the Emperor himself!— or, at least, someone who sounded a whole lot like him— had just killed an entire person via lightning in order to surge every radio wave in The First Order in order to announce a revenge plot to the entire galaxy!

But stranger things had happened...

            [Y/n] let out a deep, visceral sigh as she entered General Hux's chambers.

            "[Y/n]? Are you alright, my love?"

            "Yes, I am. Well, I suppose I am... it has been a long few hours of work and I... well, I guess I am still processing what happened..."

             Hux bowed his head, and put a hand to his brow.

            "If Palpatine is back," he said, "who knows what kind of mystical horrors are bound to follow!"

             "Yes. Something is coming, that much is clear. But I was talking about Darley specifically"

            "Ah yes, right. You're arch-nemesis, finally gone for good!"

[Y/n] rolled her eyes.

            "Armitage, I'm not joking! She and I used to be good friends, and you didn't know what was going on with me and her during the time when you and I...er...started... It was bad, very bad. And besides, you didn't see it... her lifeless body, fried to a crisp, just lying there... It was horrific"

            "Yes, alright, I know. I...apologize..." Hux said, "I can imagine this to be a lot for you. Don't think I don't care, it's just that... Well, you're a Lieutenant now! Is it not time you started getting used to these things, my dear?"