Chapter 38- Serenity

It wasn't long before you realized that your ship had gone more than just a little off course. And though you understood the mechanics of TIE fighters very well—you understood the mechanics of most things well—and you could fly one, you had never been formerly educated in navigation.
            You were lost.
It's okay, you thought, eventually, Mitaka will contact me and send one of the star destroyers my way... and I'll be back on The Finalizer where I've always been.
            But then, you thought about everything you knew of The First Order, and the way it operated, and the things Hux would say about foolish missing pilots...
Would they send for you?
            You turned to BB27, who was recharging peacefully in the corner. Certainly he meant a lot to Mitaka, and he wouldn't have trusted you with him if he hadn't intended on returning. Or perhaps he would use the tracking device inside the droid to come find you...
            Or perhaps he only bestowed BB27 upon you because he trusted you, and he knew nobody would ever permit a high ranking officer such as himself to do something as foolish and sentimental as rescue a droid from Starkiller Base...
            There was a high chance nobody was coming for you, and it made your heart sink.
            But there was a part of you, the same part of you that had contemplated escape not so long ago, that felt a kind of relief. Nobody in the Order trusted you anymore after what happened with Hux and Kylo, and who knows what the rumors said. You wouldn't be able to keep a position anymore, unless things changed. Wherever you were going, you felt it was probably for the best. Because you'd rather die alone in a nowhere galaxy than to be humiliated- executed in front of the one you loved most.
            Yes, dying alone would be much, much  better indeed.
            You didn't know how much time had passed—or how to even measure time alone in the darkness of space—since you'd left Starkilled Base when suddenly, you noticed a planet looming in the near distance. Your eyes widened. It was a murky, bluish greenish orb in a dark misty haze.
            BB27 perked up.
            "Bleep bloop!" He exclaimed.
            "Dagobah?" You repeated. You were mystified. You'd heard legends of Dagobah only from hearsay, and one illicit sith novel you'd borrowed from a friend once. All that you had heard was that it was where Jedi Master Yoda had gone to live out his last days- and where Luke Skywalker had learned the ways of the force.
            You felt yourself shudder. It's not that special, you thought, the Jedi are long gone, and Yoda is long dead. It's just a planet. It's just a planet...
            But as you felt the surge of your TIE fighter making its descent, you couldn't help but feel a certain excitement. Something was waiting for you on Dagobah— and you could feel it.

————————————————————————

            Would General Hux ever get a moment of serenity?
            You would think dragging a half-lucid Kylo Ren off of an imploding planet, and hauling him off the the medbay would be enough.
            For a moment, he felt confident that leading the attack against the Resistance evacuation would go off without a hitch.
            But then...
            "Attention. This is Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet. I have an urgent communique for General Hugs"
Certainly he had not been paying attention...
             "Patch him through...This is General Hux of The First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are rebel scum, and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms. There will be no surrender."
            There. That'll get them.
A moment passed.
            "Hi, I'm holding for General Hugs"
You have got to be kidding...
             "This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy!"
            "...Okay, I'll hold."
            "Hello?"
            "Hello, yup, I'm still here."
            "Can you—? Can he hear me?"
            "Hugs?"
            "He can..."
            "With an 'H'? Skinny guy, kinda pasty?" Oh, Hux was not in the mood to be mocked.
He never was.
Never had been.
Never would've be.
           "I can hear you. Can you hear me?"
            "Look I can't hold forever...if you reach him, tell him Leia has and urgent message for him... about his mother."
            Oh.
He did not.
            "OPEN FIRE!!!"
            It was only a few moments before it became apparent that the jokester Dameron was going for the Dreadnought.
Something that shouldn't have been possible.
            But Hux soon realized the Resistance pilot was dead serious...
            He and Captain Canady fought heard...all of the First Order troops did. But The Resistance was too sly this time around...
And soon, Hux was in a heap of trouble....
            "General Hux," Snoke's hologram boomed throughout the bridge.
            "Ah. Good. Supreme Leade-ahh!"
            Suddenly, Hux was being forced on the ground and hurled across the bridge.
            "My disappointment in your performance," said Snoke, "cannot be overstated."
            But what Snoke didn't know was that Armitage Hux would never have achieved his position as General if he hadn't always been one step ahead of the game."
            "The can't get away, Supreme Leader," he said, "We have them tied on the end of a string"
            Would General Hux ever get a moment of serenity?
            It seemed, at least to Hux, that the answer was a resounding "no". But in the end, he didn't really mind. So long as he could keep up his position. So long as he was in Snoke's good graces.
             And right then, he'd successfully tracked the Resistance through lightspeed.
            And though a million other thoughts raced through his head, that was all he could let himself think about.
            It was the only thing that mattered.