Chapter 17: Awkward Pt. I

After managing to fix yourself up into something resembling "business casual", you walk stiffly through the halls towards your days work: a meeting, in which you would manage all of Hux's notes. A meeting with several other high ranking members of the First Order's hierarchy. Very serious.
            Thankfully, despite feeling nervous and guilty about your night previous, as well as your fibbing to Darley, your [h/c] falls sharply in line, and your lips are painted a professional shade of First Order red. Nobody would doubt you now-You hope.
            When you enter the conference room, you feel your heart pounding like a hammer, and you hope you don't start to sweat. There, at the head of the table, is a frightening looking officer with a grey sort of face and beady yellow eyes- a council member from the east fleet- and he means business.
            Beside him on either side are captains Phasma, as well as another trooper, who you assume was hired in replacement of the one who defected. Meanwhile, the room is filled with various officers, all leaders of mainly maintenance and strategic tasks. And then there was the general himself.
             When you make eye contact with Hux, you quickly blush and glance away. Out of the corner of your eye, you see his eyes widen- face becoming even paler as he distracts himself with his datapad. You find yourself in panic mode.
            "Officer [y/n]," the east-fleet leader grumbles, "Sit beside your General and you may begin taking your notes for the log".
            You gulp.
            "Yes Sir"
            When you sit down, you can feel your body stiffen. Perhaps if you so much as looked at Hux, his stare would burn you to a crisp right then and there. Perhaps you would appear suspicious to the council. There was no use risking it.
            "Ahem. [y/n]"? Hux managed.
            "Yes General?"
            "I want you to...er...note every possible strategic move possible. As we go over the...statistics."
It pained him to fake a courteous smile.
            "Yes Ar- Yes General."
This was going to be a long meeting.