Chapter 35- FIRE

Today is the end of the Republic. The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder.

             It wasn't long before Phasma ordered  you to report to her private offices for questioning. And though it didn't come a big surprise, you still found yourself shivering in your  boots as you made your way over .
            But then again, who wouldn't? It was Captain Phasma. You feared her perhaps even more than you feared Kylo Ren.
            "Officer [y/n], [y/ln]," she started, her voice cold and mechanical as usual, "You are an official ranked droid decoder of the highest degree. You have a certificate in TIE fighter engineering and repair. You are quite highly ranked among the Order- and, you had been recently promoted to work beside General Hux. Is all of this correct?"
            You swallowed hard. You couldn't tell what was going on behind Phasma's silver chrome helmet.
            "Yes, Captain Phasma" you whispered.
            "So why then", she continued, "Were you spotted running half naked through the corridors of The Finalizer last night, [y/n]?"
            You felt your heart drop into your stomach.
            "I- Uh...I...Captain-"
            "Why would someone with a record so clear do something so blatantly crass? Come now, Officer [y/n]. What exactly was going on?"
"Uhhh..."
You scrambled for words- to no avail. But then, Phasma lifted her chin up at an almost sympathetic angle.
"Normally I would report to Leader Snoke first," said Phasma, "but... I think it'd be better to hear it from you directly. Nome of this information will be reported unless it directly interferes with the orders Leader Snoke has given"
            You took a deep, deep breath:
             "Well..."

At this very moment in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance.

            "Captain Phasma, ma'am," you said softly, "I was running from a sexual encounter that I no longer wished to be a part of".
            There was dead silence behind her chrome helm.
            "A...sexual encounter?" she deadpanned.
            "Yes ma'am. One which I knew was not to be permitted by First Order regulations. And one that got ruined by a third party...I needed to escape. So I streaked through the hallways like a youngling. I know it was foolish, but I felt I had no other options. I am deeply sorry, Captain."
Phasma made no facial expression (none that could be seen, anyways). She only shook her head.
"[Y/n]," she said, "it seems you would like me to believe you to be the victim in this situation. Is that right?"
You held your breath.
"Uh...yes. Well, no not really but... yes, well I suppose I am."

This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet.

            "And so," Phasma continued, " I assume you expect to be given special privileges regarding this encounter?"
You began to panic.
            "N-n-no Captain Phasma, no not at all. I am deeply ashamed and-"
You hesitated.
            "...and I would feel understanding if the Order chose to terminate me, ma'am."
Phasma's helm moved slowly, and for a moment, you wondered if she was turning to signal an executioner, or even reach for a weapon herself. But then, you realized, her head was shaking.
            "You shall not be terminated" she said. You opened your mouth to thank her, but soon you realized that she was, in fact, removing her helmet altogether.
            "Phasma I-"
You would never expected the look of concern that was spread across her chiseled, blue-eyed face. You had never expected to see her face at all.
            "[Y/n]", she said, "I only wish to know if you were being assaulted. If so, measures will be taken to ensure you are relocated."
You began to choke a little.
            "No! No no no, nothing like that. I am not being assaulted or harassed or... anything like that. I am fine."
Phasma sighed.
            "Thank you, [y/n]. Despite how it may seem, the First Order's regulations regarding such things are...tight to say the least. Not that I am any stranger to cruelty but...I value the morale of our members. And I am glad to know your safety has been upheld."
            You grinned a little.
            "Thank you Captain. And I assure you, nothing like the incident that happened with me will ever happen again."

All remaining systems will bow to the First Order and will remember this as the last day of the Republic!

             Phasma replaced her helmet and nodded sternly.
            "Now [y/n]," she asked, "I have only one more question for you."
             "Yes?"
            "Is there anything else that is bothering you? Anything else at all? I would be glad to know of it."
             You felt your stomach turn, and your heart shatter into a million pieces.
             "No, Captain Phasma," you lied, "There is nothing else bothering me at all."

FIRE!

             And a few days later, when Starkiller Base blew up all those planets, your heart was blown up too.

***Hey readers!! Trying to update as fast as I can before Rise of Skywalker comes out! I have no idea if I'll be able to get through all of TFA and TLJ before it premieres, although ideally I'd like to— so I can write up to it without knowing how the saga ends. No promises, but I'm trying!!! Love u guys, and love hearing ur comments. May the force b with u!!! —xoxo, Jessie