Aim and Ignite (Chapter 27)

Title Creds:

Album: Aim and Ignite
Artist: Fun.

(A/N THIS VIDEO. Anywho, check out _unknownhuman_ cuz she's fantastic. Good. Grand. Fabulous. I didn't go through and edit this so I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. I will fix them later. ILY. ~Samantha~)

*Patrick's POV*

I was sitting on the couch reading 1984 by George Orwell when Pete and Cass stepped through the front door. (THAT BOOK ~Sam~) I placed the bookmark on the page and closed the book.

"Hey you two," I smiled, standing up from my seat and made my way towards him.

"Hello," Pete said. "Wow, it looks really good in here, Patrick."

"I got bored so I decided to clean up a bit."

"Thanks for that babe," he pulled me into a hug.

I mumbled a 'mhm' and kissed his lips gently.

"Ugh, ew," Cass said, leaving for her room.

Pete and I just laughed and continued talking.

"We haven't had a date night in a while," I said.

"Saturday?"

"Let's do it."

We decided on dinner and a movie.

•••

"Cass come on let's go!" I yelled.

We have to take her to Elizabeth's so she won't be alone. More of we don't trust her.

"Ugh I'm coming in a minute."

"Now."

"Not yet."

"Today, junior, today."

I finally got her in the car. She sat silently until we reached Lizzy's house.

"Bye, I love you," she said in a blunt tone.

"Love you too," Pete and I both replied.

We decided to eat at a small diner right by the movie theatre. He ordered a coffee, and me a Coke.

"This feel nice," I sighed happily.

"What does?" He titled his head in confusion.

"Going on a date with my husband. We haven't had a date in months. It's nice."

"Now that I think about it, it really does."

I chuckled lightly, knowing he had no idea what he was talking about and was just trying to make me feel better.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Sure..."

(I'm not feeling the dinner anymore. ~Sam~)

We walked into the movie theatre and sat all the way in the back. We didn't really pay attention to the movie that much, or me at least. I don't think either of us really can multi-task enough to watch a movie and have a make out session at the same time. People came by and gave us weird looks on their way to or from their seats. It was all okay until we heard the voice of a specific boy.

"M-Mr. Wentz?"

Pete and I pulled away from each other instantly. We looked at the boy, each other, then back at the boy.

"Hey, Danny," Pete said awkwardly.

"Who's this?" He asked, referring to me.

"This is Patrick," he introduced reluctantly.

I quickly muttered a 'hi.'

*Cassidy's POV*

"So how come I never come to your house? I mean, it's April."

"Funny you asked," I stumbled. "I've been neglecting to tell you... but I have two dads."

"Oh my god really? That's cool man," she replied.

"I wasn't really supposed to tell because it is possible for my dad to lose his job if authorities could find out, but by now I'm sure we all trust you."

"So... you were adopted?"

"No, my dad, Patrick, can get pregnant."

"That is fucking cool," she sounded facinated. "Your dad must be really good at hiding that he's gay. I would have never guessed."

"Oh my god Liz, he's gayer than Mr. Rogers. He's gayer than rainbows. My dad is gayer than gay."

"Cass that's horrible," Lizzy said.

I shrugged, making an 'it's true' face.

"That is so rude."

"Since when am I nice?" I said.

We watched Supernatural. My dads got me into this show, and I got Elizabeth into it. It's pretty grand.

"Do you think Destiel is going to canon?" Lizzy asked.

"Probably," I said. "Dean so has a thing for Castiel."

"You want to come to church with me tomorrow?"

"It goes from making satanic jokes to a show about hunting demons to 'Do you want to come to church with me?'" I laughed. "Sure I'll ask my dads. They went to the movies so I'm not exactly sure if they're out or not."

"Well I hate church with a burning passion so I would like to have a friend there."

I texted Patrick.

Hey daddy can I go to church with Lizzy?

"And now we wait," I said. "You should so spend the night tomorrow and my dad can just take us to school."

And can she spend the night tomorrow?

You realize tomorrow is a school night, Cass.

And?

As long as her parents are okay with it.

"I will bet you anything he sighed when he sent that," I showed Liz his last text.

Church the next day was boring, as normal. The service sucked, like I actually payed attention anyways, so how do I know? Everyone loves Elizabeth, so they automatically like me.

"Only have friends who know Jesus Christ as their lord and savior," they say. They're funny.

That's so why we are friends.

They hugged me like they knew me. Not. Cool. Lizzy and I practically dragged her parents out of the church. They said their forced goodbyes and we were out.

We stepped through my front door.

"I'm home and I have a friend so you two better not be fucking on the kitchen table!" I yelled.

Elizabeth looked at me like I was insane, which is probably true. I smiled back at her, which made me look crazier.

(A/N I feel like the quality of my writing gets shittier and shittier as the days go on. Well, let me go rant about how rude my step mother is to my real mother when none of that shit is true and my mom has been nothing but nice to my step mom. Fuck her chicken strips. ILY. ~Samantha~)