Sentimental Guy (Chapter 24)

Title creds (I srsly need to start doing this)
Song: Sentimental Guy
Album: Songs For Silverman
Artist: Ben Folds
(A/N GUYS ILYSM LIEK YOU DONT EVEN KNOW I WANT TO TRAVEL THE WORLD AND MEET ALL OF YOU LIKE OMG. MY NEW NEPHEW. He kinda looks insane. ILY. ~Samantha~)

*I really want to post another fic but I don't want to juggle two at once so I'm bullshitting my way for about 13 chapters after this

*Pete's POV*

Today is the first day of school, and I'm nervous as hell. What if I teach wrong? What if they don't like me?

I took a deep breath to compose myself. I can do this.

I tucked my white button up into my dress pants. I then fiddled with my emo fringe in the mirror until I got it perfect. I checked the time. 7:25. I still have about 15 minutes before I have to leave. I flicked off the light in the bathroom and came back in the bedroom. Patrick was still sound asleep, sprawled out like a starfish. I sat by him on the bed. I shook his shoulder a little, waking him up. He groaned in response, pulling the covers over his head.

"C'mon babe, get up. Cassidy is going to be awake soon," I said. "Plus, I would like to spend a little time with you before I leave for work."

"Today's your first day, isn't it?" He yawned, sitting up.

"It is. Now get your ass up," I replied.

Patrick stretched his arms out and stood up out of bed. Even when he does the slightest little things, it's still adorable.

"You are so cute," I smiled.

"No, you are," he replied.

"So we're playing that game, huh?"

"Nah, let's not play that game."

We walked to the kitchen, where he started to make breakfast.

"Oh shit I gotta go!" I said. I kissed Patrick quickly, "Bye babe I love you!"

"I love you too!"

I grabbed a banana and some leftovers for lunch on my way out, along with my keys.

In the car, I turned on the radio. There was a Taylor Swift marathon. Of course me being me, I sang along to it.

Eventually I pulled up to the school. I parked in the reserved teachers spot. Damn that feels good.

I opened the car door. I made my way to the teachers lounge and poured myself a cup of coffee. I found my classroom and sat at my desk. I opened up my binder to look at my schedule.

First Period (Core): 8:25-9:17
Second Period (Core): 9:23-10:14
Third Period (Planning): 10:20-11:11
Fourth Period (Lunch): 11:17-12:08
Fifth Period (Core): 12:14-1:05
Sixth Period (Planning): 1:11-2:02
Seventh Period (Core): 2:08-3:00

Eventually, all my students started flooding into the classroom.

"Good morning everyone," I started. "My name is Mr. Wentz."

I first started off with roll. Then, I pulled up the 'about me' presentation on the SMART board with the laptop the school district provided for me. (I know not all schools have SMART boards, but a lot of them do so yeah I'm using them in this fic ~Sam~)

"Okay, let's get started." I flipped to the first slide. "I am from around here in Chicago, and I am currently twenty-two years old." Then the second slide. "I have a daughter named Cassidy, she is four, almost five." I switched the slide. "Um... Rules. I'm a pretty lenient teacher but if you threaten me or any other students in my classroom, we have a problem. No name callings. No nothing. You hear?" A few nodded. "You may eat of drink but if you leave a mess, that privilege will be taken. That's pretty much it, everybody love everybody, and then we'll all be happy. Now, any questions?"

The class was silent. We played the name game next. Basically me trying to guess their names like five minutes after they've told me. I went around in a circle.

"Makenzie... Lilly... um... Brittany?" The auburn haired girl nodded. "Don't tell me," I said. "Okay tell me."

"Patrick," the boy said.

I smiled at the name. "There's someone in my family named Patrick. Ben?" The boy nodded. "Ashlyn. Mark," I said.

It took me a while, but I finally finished all the names. A lot of them I didn't get at one point, and I don't remember most of them now.

The first couple classes flew by, until it was a planning period. I don't have any papers to grade, so I sat there in silence, and started to draw on a scrap sheet of paper. I aimed for a nice, well drawn picture; it ended up looking like a dying cat.

The bell rang and it was time for lunch. Because of the school's stupid rules, I have to be in the cafeteria for lunch. I need the microwave anyways, so it's not really a problem.

I opened the top of the Tupperware container and placed the leftover spaghetti in the microwave. I set the timer and waited.

"Mr. Wentz, right?" I heard a voice.

"Yes, that is me," I replied.

"Mr. McConnel. Call me Dustin," he held out a hand for me to shake.

I've subbed here a couple times and I've heard some weird things about Dustin. He brings a teacher, Mrs. Fenrow, coffee every day. I talked to her and she said he came into her room in the middle of the class period with a mug of coffee with 'inspirational quotes' on it and read a couple aloud and then left. (THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME K ~Sam~)

"Call me Pete," I smiled, shaking his hand.

We talked the whole lunch period. Damn, he is one weird human being.

•••

I walked in the apartment, taking my shoes off by the door. I heard little footsteps come down the hallway. As soon as I knew it, my little one was hugging on to my legs. More like a death grip, actually.

"I missed you dad," she pouted.

I scooped her up in my arms.

"I missed you too baby," I booped her nose.

"I missed you most of all," I heard Patrick say as he came up to me.

"I missed him more!" Cassidy said.

"Are you sure about that?" He laughed, tickling her.

She wriggled out of my arms. After a giggle fit, she ran off to her room to go play, not saying anything to me or Patrick. So much for missing me.

(A/N GUESS WHOS BACK. Omg thissuckssobadIamsosorry. Um CONGRATS SOUTH CAROLINA FOR LEGALIZING GAY MARRIAGE! My state legalizes LOVE 💕

MY CHRISTMAS TREE FELL OVER

ILY. ~Samantha~)