Patrick Stump (Chapter 20)

(A/N CHAPTER 20 EVERYONE! YAYYYY HAPPINESS IS IN STORE TODAY! ILY. ~Samantha~)

*Patrick's POV* *Let's say Cass is 10 weeks old and Patrick's stitches have dissolved and shit*

I woke to the sound of Cass crying. I trudged to her crib, picking her up. She doesn't need a diaper change, but she un-swaddled herself, so I had to redo it. She needs a bottle, so I make my way to the kitchen. Fill the bottle with four ounces of warm water, one and one fourth scoops of formula, put on the nipple, and shake. I look at the clock on the oven. It's three AM. Shit. I shake my head and took out Cass's pacifier, replacing it with the bottle. I walked back in the room, sitting on the foot of the bed.

"Here," I jumped when I heard Pete's voice. "Let me get her, you get some sleep."

I handed Cassidy to him.

"Thank god," I groaned, scrambling back to my sleeping position.

I heard him chuckle a little. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning and checked my phone. It's nine. I look over at Cass's crib. She's not there. Neither is Pete. I see a little white envelope with "Patrick <3" written on it.

Hey, Pattycakes! Try and find me! Come to the place where we keep the keys. P.S I have Cass, don't worry.

1. Don't ever call me Pattycakes. 2. This is too simple. I walk towards the front door. Right under the hooks where the keys are hung, another note is taped to the wall.

I see you've found my second letter. Come to the place that makes you feel better.

That old oak tree on the park. Pete has Cass, so our car isn't here. Joe and Andy's car is, I'm taking their car. They won't mind. I slipped on a pair of shoes, grabbed the keys, and left. So what I'm in pajamas. I really don't care. (Let's pretend Patrick got his license because the DMV is fucking BORING. ~Sam~)

Once I got to to the park, I made my way to the old oak. Sure enough, there was another envelope taped to it.

You have found note number three, you're one step closer to finding me. Come to the first place we had lunch together.

I ran back to the car. I turned in the ignition and drove to IHOP. Once I walked in, there was a sickeningly sweet smell of syrup. Once you're a parent, you feel a lot older and sweets are too much. No.

"Are you Patrick?" The hostess asked.
"Yes, I am," I replied.

She handed me a note. I thanked her and walked outside.

Okay, so this was really fun, but why don't you come on home, hun?

Seriously? All this just to come back home? I sighed and started driving back to the house.

I pulled back in the driveway. Pete and I's car still isn't here. I shrugged and made my way up to the door. When I got inside, I was in awe. There was rose petals leading down the hallway. I followed the trail, staring down at the flowers. It led to Pete and I's bedroom. They went up onto our bed, surrounding a little black velvet box. I opened it. In between the two cushions, there was a folded piece of paper.

You've made the smart choice and followed the petals. Attached to this note, you will find a shiny piece of metal.

Patrick Stump, will you marry me?

As the note said, there was a ring attached to the bottom of the paper. I was crying a this point (No, more like bawling). With a shaky hand, I slipped it on my finger.

"Yes," I whispered to myself.

I felt a pair of arms snake around my wrist. I was startled, only to be relieved when I heard Pete's voice.

"Hey babe," he said.

I turned around in his arms.

"Hi," I replied, still crying. "Where's Cassidy?"
"Joe and Andy have her."
"When will they be back?"
"About an hour or so."
"Okay."

I draped my arms around his neck. I connected my lips with his. He pulled me in closer, creating a more passionate kiss.

"Woah!" I laughed as we fell on the bed.

(A/N I JUST SPENT $53 ON MUSIC WELL DAYUM. I haven't heard Disloyal Order Of The Water Buffaloes in forever and it made me so happy to hear. 😊 ILY. ~Samantha~)