I Wanna Get Me a Little Oblivion, Baby (Chapter 29)

Title Creds:

Song: Perfect Blue Buildings
Album: August and Everything After
Artist: Counting Crows

(A/N I'm typing this from my laptop so *insert devil face emoji here* ILY. ~Samantha~)

"No one knows for certain how much of an impact they have on the lives of other people. Often times we have no clue." -13 Reasons Why

*Patrick's POV*

I stared down at the three pregnancy tests placed in the bathroom sink beneath me. Positive. Positive. Positive. I ran my fingers through my hair and swallowed deeply. I don't know what to feel. Happy that another baby is coming, or upset because we can't afford this. I felt nausea wave over me. I ran to the toilet, emptying my stomach. Fucking hell.

I unsteadily stood up. I removed the test from the sink and quickly brushed my teeth. I recollected myself and picked the tests up once again. I hid them behind my back, walking out to the kitchen. Pete was sitting at the dining room table, eating leftover pasta from last night.

"What are you hiding behind your back?"

That's when I started to cry. I placed them down on the table. He took a shaky breath.

"Oh my god," he said almost inaudibly.

I seated myself in the chair next to him, scooting closer. I hugged into his side.

"What are we going to do?" my eyes started to tear up.

"I don't think we can afford this baby. I'd say abortion or adoption."

"Excuse me?" I stood up from my chair.

"Well I'm sorry for listing logical solutions," he got up to my level.

"I couldn't kill our baby. Neither could I live with the fact that my chid doesn't know who his or her real parents are."

"Well, I lost my job and we can't even afford what we have--"

"You can find another job before this baby is born, you know."

"You know what? I don't see you getting a job!"

"Oh my god, Pete. I cook, I clean. Without me, this house would be a mess and so would you!" I yelled at him.

"Patrick, I'm--"

"Fucking save it."

He just shook his head. He slipped on his shoes and grabbed his keys. He swung the door open harshly.

"Pete, please don't," I begged him.

He looked me dead in the eye, "I love you, Patrick. I really do."

He stepped outside and closed the door behind him. It baffled me, why would he say that and just leave? I carefully placed myself on the couch and cried. I haven't cried so hard since my miscarriage.

"D-daddy?" I heard an innocent voice call.

I turned my head to the side. Cassidy was frozen still at the hallway enterance, her eyes glossy with tears. I motioned her towards me. I pulled her in a tight hug, stroking her curly brown locks.

"How much did you hear?" I asked her.

"Only all of it," she chuckled lightly.

"I'm so sorry baby," I whispered softly.

"Do you know where he's going?"

"I have an idea but I'm not sure."

"Go after him," she said.