This City (Chapter 17)

(A/N Guys. I hit 150 followers. Idk if that's much, but knowing there's that many of y'all makes me so happy. 💕 I'm gonna like cry because like ugh. I can't. And I've gotten messages and comments saying that my writings are amazing (which I don't get but...) and you have no idea how much this means to me. ILY. ~Samantha~)

*Patrick's POV*

So I guess we're going out to the city? It's about a fifteen minute walk from the house, but we're driving for my sake. We're walking around anyways, extra strength, I guess? I don't know. Maybe.

I turned on the radio in the car. Pete gave a breathy laugh and turned it off.

"Hey, why'd you do that?" I pouted.
"Talk to me," he said.
"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.
"How about how beautiful you are?"

I blushed and looked down.

"Aw, Patty's blushing," he teased.
"Don't call me that," I whined.
"Okay, Patty," he said, grabbing my hand.

I gave him the death stare. He chuckled to himself. We made it to the parking garage. He parked on the first floor, you can guess why.

Before we got out of the car, Pete gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I replied before stepping out of the car.
"What are we going to do first?" I asked as we walked out to the crowded streets.
"Let's just walk around, okay?"
"Okay."

(A/N I literally had to ask my friend what the north is like. SORRY I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE NORTH SHUSH I LIVE IN THE FUCKING SUBURBS OF SOUTH CAROLINA)

I felt the disapproving glares of the people on the streets. Some were busy, some looked like they had nowhere to go. I sighed and shook it off..

"You okay, 'Trick?" Pete asked.
"Yeah I'm fine," I smiled.
"Okay. You had a worried expression on your face."
"I'm alright."

We walked a bit before we passed a small coffee shop.

"Can we go in here?"
"Yeah, sure."

We entered the shop. It was fairly warm to the freezing November air.

"I'll order the coffee. You go sit down," Pete said.

He gave me a quick hug before I walked off. I sat in a tiny booth in the corner, it seemed more comfortable. Eventually Pete came back to the table, placing my coffee in front of me.

"Pumpkin spice?" I said, giving him a 'seriously?' look.
"What, stereotypical white girl," he chuckled.
"Whatever. It tastes good though," I gave a breathy laugh.
"That's good. That cup is okay, but don't have any more. It's not good for the baby."

He got out of the booth and moved next to me. He grabbed my hand underneath the table.

"I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too," I replied.

*Pete's POV*

After we finished our coffee, we wet back on the cold city streets. I grabbed Patrick's hand. He happily obliged and interlocked his fingers with mine. We got funny looks, but I don't really care.

I hear:
Faggots.
GGAAAAYYYY!
Ew look at those fags.

I even heard:
That one guy is so fat.

He's pregnant, asshole.

It must have really taken a toll on Patrick. He let go of my hand and started pacing ahead.

"Fuck you!" I screamed as I chased after him. "PATRICK!"

I spotted his cute little fedora in the crowd. I pushed through people to catch up to him. He continued on faster. I followed him to the park. Why would he go here? I saw him, I guess "waddle" to the back area of the park. This was a little bit of an overreaction, but it's okay. He's hormonal. I found him sitting on the ground, leaning up against a large oak tree.

"Patrick," I sighed.
"I'm sorry, Pete," he engulfed me in a large hug.
"It's okay, I'm happy that I found you, though."
"Yeah. When I was little my mom would take me to the park when I was upset. She took me to several different ones, but this park is my favorite because there's never anyone here and this oak tree," he gave a sad smile.
"I love it here, too," I replied, kissing his temple.
"Can we go home?" He asked.
"Yes. Let's go."

I grabbed his hand and helped him up. We made it back to the car. I opened the door for Patrick (because I'm such a gentleman). Once we made it home, we went straight to our room. (NO NOT WHAT YOU THINK ~Sam~) I jumped right onto our bed, Patrick slowly crawled in. He snuggled into my chest.

"I love you," he said wearily.
"I love you too," I kissed the top of his head lightly.

It wasn't long until the both of us drifted off to sleep.

(A/N GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING LIKE UGH. I had to take sex ed today. My mind has been raped. ILY. ~Samantha~)