Little Lion Man (Chapter 28)

Title Creds:

Song: Little Lion Man
Album: Sigh No More
Artist: Mumford and Sons

(A/N Thank you guys for all your love and support 💕 ILY. ~Samantha~)

*Pete's POV*

I silently trudged through the halls to my classroom. A few students laughed. What was that about? The whole incident Saturday, maybe. Could rumors really spread that fast?

I set up my laptop, and gave a sigh of annoyance. The first student in my class, of course it's Daniel. He sat at his desk and shuffled awkwardly.

"Put your phone away," I sighed. "You're so obvious."

He quickly put it in his pocket. The rest of the class came flooding in.

"Okay," I started. "It is just about the end of the year, so we have standardized testing soon. I have a worksheet," a few groaned. " Oh, come on. You're all smart kids. No one has lower than a D in this class."

The class was pretty much silent the entire period. I checked my teacher email.

Mrs. Crosby: Please come to my office during your planning period.

What's that about? Just a 'come here' with no context at all. I only get emails from her when there's a meeting or information for the students. Just no details at all?

Then comes my planning period. I exited my classroom and locked the door.

"You wanted to speak to me?" I questioned Mrs. Crosby.

"Sit down," she sighed.

And I did.

"So theres these rumors about you in this school," she said. "Apparently you were making out with another boy in the movie theatre."

"And?" I replied.

"You also had your hand down his pants...?"

"That one isn't true!"

"Mr. Wentz, we can't have an influence like that on the children. You're fired."

"Seriously? I've worked here for eight years! I've won teacher of the year award four times and my students test third highest in the state for their grade level. Don't you dare fucking tell me that you do not need me. You fire me because I like guys? That's really insensitive and closed minded of you. I'm human too, you know. I have a family to feed and bills to pay. You know my daughter, right?"

"Yes, I do. Cassidy Wentz."

"She's sweet as can be. What will you think will happed to her? Same with my husband. What about him? You guys are seriously not giving me the life I deserve because I'm married to a man. All of you are fucking insane-"

"Mr. Wentz," she cut off my rant.

"What," I said flatly.

"You have until the end of the school year and your extended pay over the summer. That's final."

"I'm fucking done."

The rest of the day carried on like this morning, except more dragged out and downright embarassing.

Honestly, it's kind of funny when you get screwed over. Being basically fucked sideways by stuck-up, overconfident, bratty assholes is funny to see. Even though you're antagonized, watching them so proud of their completely illogical argument is probably one of the best things. Repetitive, contradictory reasons. Fighting back back just fuels the fire. I don't want to grant people with my replies, but I want them to know what I think. It's a hard feeling to grasp, but you get over it and stand up for yourself. It all turns to shit as a result. That's why it's funny. Watching your world burn is hilarious.

Then BAM! All of a sudden your life sucks. I knew this would end up in the derailing of a train of my life. A train wreck. Cargo consisting of my dreams: my job, apartment, friends, and most importantly: husband and daughter. For some reason everything has to go wrong in life.

"We're home!" I yelled.

Cass went straight to her room, as any teenager would. As did I, though. Patrick was curled in our bed, sound asleep. I shook his shoulder, waking him up.

"Good morning sleepy head," I flashed a half-smile.

"Hey," he yawned.

"I have to speak to you," I told him.

"Should I be scared?"

"I don't know, Patrick, I really don't know."

"What is it?"

"Remember that incident with Danny?" I started. "Well, today I was called to the principal's office. She said we can't have an influence on the kids. I- uh, lost my job."

"Oh god, what are we going to do?"

"I have the rest of the year and my summer pay. Then, I'm through."

"Again, what are we going to do?"

"Honey, I'm just about as sure as you are."

"We'll figure it out. I know it," he said.

"Patrick?" I asked, snuggling into his side.

"Yes, baby?" he replied, stroking my hair.

"Will you sing for me?"

"Of course," he smiled.

The days when you stumble and fall
The days when you grind to a crawl
The treasure that hides behind your walls
I want it all, yeah I want it all

Bring your secrets, bring your scars
Bring your glory, all you are
Bring your daylight, bring your dark
Share your silence
And unpack your heart
Unpack your heart

Oh, I'm on your side
So shed your shadow
And watch it rise

Oh, I'm on your side
So shed your shadow
And watch it rise
Into your darkness
I'll shine a light

Bring your secrets, bring your scars
Bring your glory, all you are
Bring your daylight, bring your dark
Share your silence

Bring your honor, bring your shame
All your madness, I will tame
Won't you lay down, down your guard
Share your silence
And unpack your heart

"Thanks babe," I said.

"You're welcome," he kissed my forehead.

"I love you," I sighed.

"I love you too," Patrick replied.

(A/N that was short shitty but it's better than nothing. I love you guys more than everything omg. ILY. ~Samantha~)