Chapter 27- Never Change

Jay and I stood in the middle of the crowd starring at eachother for a while. I didn't know if it was the kiss that might have really caught us both of guard or because he was admiring me. His brown eyes pierced through my soul, searching for that key phrase that would make the situation get back to normal.

"Your simply beautiful!" He said bitting down his bottom lips.

There was nothing that could be said about my feelings right now. I was about to respond until I looked around and caught a glimpse of Jay's friend Ty who was smiling uncontrollably at me. I knew he was either happy that Jay got his kiss or he finally found the one.

I shoved my head back in Jay's jacket as I mumbled to him.

"I think your friend Ty thinks the same."

He glanced over at Ty and threw his fingers up.

"He's just kinda tired of me talking about what I gonna do. Now I'm gonna get teased forever."

As the fireworks rang off persons started dancing and cheering. Jay and assumed our position, with me in front of him as we turned around. Kelly and Michelle agreed to stay with Ty and a few of Jay's friend for the reminder of the night to havve a few drinks and dance while Jay take me back to the hotel. He had a big meeting tomorrow and a few things he needed to do with his mama, which meant he and I wouldn't spend much time talking so he offered to take me back to the hotel.

We walked into his club as we headed towards the back. On our way there he spoke to a few persons ensuring they knew what needed to be done before he left. As we headed outside in the back of the 40/40 my eyes was astounished. There were about 4 cars that I was assure he owned them all.

"Four cars for one body, one man and two feet?" I said as he held me hand.

"Yea. Which one do you want?"

"One that will get me there quickly without the police pulling us over or something."

"Okay. But doesnt matter what they still gonna try."

Jay decided on his Porcshe that was designed with black tints and sliver rims. Using his keys to click the alarm he came to the passenger side and held the door opened. I got inside safetly and reached towards the driver side opening the door for him.

"Thank You." He said once getting in.

"Seat belts are okay right or its a bit to much?"

"No seat belts needed unless you see a cop wanna bother me."

"Is there something you wanna tell me about you and your cops vibe?"

"Not at all. They just like to mess with ya from time to time. You just gotta no your rights."

He started his car and after a few minutes of warming up he finally took of. The car rode smoothly against the nicely paved rode. I looked outside the window to take in the beautiful city of NYC.

"You never saw NYC at night?" Jay said with a laugh.

"I did I just never really had much time to take it in. Its always from the studio to the hotel and in between I am too exhausted to realize the beauty of my surroundings."

I glanced over at him as he positioned himself near the window on the drivers side; as he looked at me and the road from time to time.

"Thank You so much for tonight I really enjoyed it." I said

"I did to. Thank you for the perfect New Year gift." He said straighting up in his seat.

A smile grew on his face as I remembered the kiss all too well.

"Is the smile because of the kiss or because of night?"

"Its for everything leading up to this moment." I said looking over at him and smiling.

He focused his eyes on the road as we came to a redlight. He placed the car in parked as he looked over at me. We looked at eachother smiling for a bit until I leaned over and crawled my lips on his. His hands creeped to my waist as I firmly gripped the back of his neck. It was either the city lights or just stars twinkling at the amount of love and passion between that one kiss.

As the street light turned green he pulled the car into drive as he took me left hands. The car ride remained silent for a while as we drove hand in hand.

"If you don't hear from me later on today that means I am at my mama."

"Its fine. I'll be okay. I have to go over scripts for the movie anyways."

"Great. Atleast you wont be tripping over me all day."

"Its not that serious.... but its that deep tho'."

We pulled into the hotel drive way as we embraced eachother in hug. Kissing my neck he released the hug as he came around to open my door. I quickly exit before anyone realized anything and dashed through the hotel lobby.

I finally made it upstairs into my room. I headed towards my dressers and started removing my jewelry. I took of my clothes then my heels leaving me in my underwear. I headed to the bathroom brushed my teeth and then collected my food from room service. As I sat in my bed twirlling my fork around in my food I brought my hands towards my face.

The feeling of knowing he kissed me overtaked me for a moment. As I moved towards my lips my mind started racing with so much energy as I tried to re-live the moment again. It was so perfect. The time,the atmosphere even the outfit. I loved it all!

My cellphone ring breaking my thoughts! I gripped the sheets as a smile grew on my face when Jay's number appeared.

"Hey!"

"You already in bed?"

"Yea, I just got something to eat so I'm eating and then about to go to bed."

"Okay then I just wanted to no you made up there safetly so I'll holler at you later baby girl."

"Bye babe. Be safe and text me when you reach safetly."

"Okay Ma' talk to you later."

After hanging up from Jay I took no time with eating. After I ate I sat up for a while and watched a little bit of holiday movies as I dosed of fast to sleep.

Shawn POV

The car ride back to my crib was filled of emotions that overcame me. I hopped out the porsche after parking it in the complex parking lot. I got to elevator and pressed #10 as it took me up to my penthouse. It wasn't like my many new years morning before. Last new years I came home alone because I wanted to think about where my life was headed and now this New Year I am by myself after my most anticapted kissed. I got up to my floor as and walked towards my home.

Shutting the door behind me I messaged Bey assuring her I was home saftely. Beyonce and I started out on the right foot. We built a foundation through resepct and honesty that had brought us to this moment. She had been the only woman who feed me out to understand the dynamics of my mind and heart but she still didnt no everything.

I knew that she knew within her mind I had random girls in and out my place but faithful for the past 5 months I hadn't sleep with anyone. I found myself being comfortable with just having one girl to talk to but I wasn't ready to accept my own reality.

I still had alot of unfinished business and demons in my own right that I wasn't over. Although I told Beyonce about my father problems I didnt mention to her what I saw growing up between my dad. My dad just didnt come home one night; there was alot of signs I saw leading up to him never returning when I was 11.

As much as I knew what Beyonce wanted in love and needed in a man I still couldn't bring myself to give it to her. Honesty and Resepct I could give but my heart I will never give to a girl especially one like her who could run away with any man she want with her shape, talent and beauty.