Chapter 1- Child of Destiny

The music blasted from the recording studio as the beat to "NO NO NO" filled the atmosphere. Two of the group members sat across the room behind the glass window as Kelly & I started laying down the hook. Currently we are working on our first studio single since we signed our music deal & officially became Destiny's Child.

"And that is a wrap. Excellent work Beyonce. Great job Kelly." Buzzed Rodney Jenkins our producer for the song.

Kelly and I exited the recording booth to rejoin Lativa and Letoya our other group members. Destiny's Child consist of four girls, me; Beyonce, my bestfriend Kelly and two of my childhood friends Latavia and Letoya. We have worked so hard to get to this point and at such a young age we are grateful. I am 16, Kelly is 17 and so are Tavia and Toya. Music has brought us together and will keep us glued to eachother.

As we sat facing the recording boot on the studio chairs, I watch as the producers rocked their heads in awe at the song we just layed down. Excitement filled my body as I watch bright smiles light up the faces of the producers and the other band mates. Kelly and I stared at eachother with beaming eyes knowing that this record would become a defining moment to jumpstart our career. As the producers played around with the sound and vocals on the control board the girls and I decided to take a break and sit outside the hallways.

"Bey, this is it, this song is the one, I can feel it." Kelly said through joyfully smiles as she held my shoulders rocking side to side.

"Of course this song is the one, we are gonna be big, wearing all kind of fancy clothes and going to hot parties and meeting all kinds of cute boys; along with racking up those awards too." Lativa added sitting on one of the chairs facing the wall.

"I just hope we make it big so we can get a good head start at life & make sure we have the life we always dreamed about" Letoya reassured.

I smiled at my friends knowing that this song will be the hit record we needed to help us take flight.

"All we have to do is prove to the persons out there that we can sing and we can do it well. We dont need to high jack anyones style or moves we are gonna create our own and make our mark." I said feeling overwhelmed by the success I know we can obtain.

We sat in the hall laughing and giggling about what we would accomplish and how rich and famous we were going to be. It was around Febuary and our first single was about drop later this summer. We wanted this single to be hot for the summer because we already knew that every artist you can think about will be trying to hit up the charts with summer anthems.

About two hours after sitting outside and waiting for Rodney and the other producers to finish we were finally allowed to go home. As we made our way outside the studio to our car Kelly & I trailed behind the other girls. Knowing my friend Kelly I knew she had something she was holding in and wanted to say.

"Come on Kels, you holding my arm not wanting to catch up with the others tells me something is on your mind." I said breaking the akward silence.

"Bey, you and I just layed down that entire song, we just recorded the verses, hooks and bridges, you can barely hear Tavia's or Toya's voice. How can the song be from the Destiny's child when only twqo children are singing?" Kelly said looking kind of pissed.

"Kels, not everyone will be a great singer in the eyes of the producers & if they feel their voices need development then fine, but that doesnt mean they dont have a voice in this group, they are apart of this group and have helped us get this far." I said grabbing Kelly's hand and stopping in our tracks. "No matter what we won't let their opinions overshadow our goals and unity." I continued.

Kelly smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist as we walked side by side towards our awaiting SUV. On our drive back to the LA hotel we asked the driver to take us to the nearest pizza place. Knowing the hotel food would be too expensive and balanced in diet we decided to get food of our choice and snacks that will last us atleast for the weekend.

When we arrived to the hotel we hopped out the van and made our way inside. To our surprise we spotted the famous and amazingly talented TLC. They were hovered by a group of screaming fans and bright flashing lights. Before we could of walked over to ask for a photo or autograph my cellphone rang. It was my dad texting me to remind us of our next studio session, which means, get up stairs and find bed.

When we got upstairs we quickly went to bed knowing how short of a weekend it would be. And indeed it was.

Monday came quickly, the girls and I was awaken to the sound of my father knocking on the door. He was then greeted by ugly morning faces tied up in head scarfs as we emerged from behind blankets and sheet. He came to tell us the exciting news that we just booked a recording session with one of the greatest rappers, Wyclef Jean. We started jumping up and down in our hotel room erupting in loud screams. My father looked on proudly then he reassured us that we only had two hours and 30 minutes to get ready, shower, eat, and meet the taxi driver down stairs to head to the studio.

We arrived to the studio in 30 minutes, there we met Wyclef and Rodney. Greeting them "Good Morning" in unison, we all then headed into the boot to lay down the hooks together. The beat to the song was increased in speed adding a little more 808s. Wyclef had a great idea on changing up some of the lyrics and making my verses flow more and adding simple words and better catchy phrases. I stayed behind the glass writing all the lyrics that Wyclef would say. After a long 5 minute pause, the recording studio door flew open and in came two men. I recognized one to be the famous rapper JAYZ, who persons often refer to as Jigga. He and his friend immediately sat on the studio chairs and begin making conversation with Wyclef. I sat behind the studio glass patiently waiting my next instructions. They conversate for about 15 minutes none stop until Kelly broke the communication reassuring that I was still behind the glass waiting for a go. Wyclef then end the conversation focusing his attention to me. As my eyes directed forward I caught the big brown eyes of JAYZ. His eyes resembled mines a little.. just the color. As I began recording with a little more speed in me voice, I heard a comment from JAYZ saying

"Why she singing so fast? Like how does she do that?" Through small giggles.

The comment made me feel good about the song knowing a rapper with such good street flow acknowledge my talents. His friend who came with him Dame Dash applaud me making me feel even more better. When I was done I rejoin the others outside the boot, only to find Tavia and Toya missing. I sat next to Kelly who had a bright smile drawn across her face. She was so excited and so was I. As we began to chat I grew uncomfortable, knowing a pair of eyes was set upon me. I smiled brightly and turn my head shyly towards the left and thats when I met the gazed of JAYZ. He didn't say anything to me or loud enough so that I can hear, but from his full big lips I was sure the words "She's beautiful" was said. Before I could of told Kelly anything she bumped my arm saying "You got a man!" With a straight face.

After a few more minutes the song was blended adding a few clips from Wyclef. As Rodney made the final cut he handed both Kelly and I demos to carry so we can start listening and creating cheography because he believed once the song hit then we have to start performing to ensure the record is out.

While Rodney was informing us of what the next step would be Rapper Jayz and his friend left and we were rejoined by Tavia and Toya.

After listenig to the track with all four of us, Rodney then called a taxi to take us back home.

When we arrived at the hotel, my dad decided that we deserved a break and a night of fun. As Kelly went to met up with a LA cutie she made friends with, Tavia and Toya decided to rid the hotel's pool and resturant while I resort to our room; where I begin crying my eyes out as the 2 year relationship of my boyfriend Lyndell and I came to an end.