Chapter 49- The Closer I Get To You

With the release of my first solo album in June of 2003 & Jay's album ruling the charts presently; there has been no other way to experience a great year. My new movie Fighting Temptations dropped as well and even into the new year I am still dominating.

I recieved a call from my dad telling me I was nominated for several Grammys & will be schedule to perform three times this year. I was a little pissed with the songs that were decided upon but I didn't fight against them, I just thought the song that put me on the map and the man that assisted with me doing it should've been performed but it didn't make the cut.

Coming into 2004 Jay and I had talked about alot of things that we wanted to do. Since he was retiring & got an offer to become CEO of Def Jam he was able to spend more time with me. As for Destiny's Child ,Kelly is working on a new movie that should be out this year and Michelle is soon dropping her new gospel album.

Although I have been enjoying the ride as a solo artist I felt like I had swept my friends under the bus. We all were making it big but since I dropped my album Kelly and Michelle didn't sames to have many things to do; but nevertheless they were happy for me.

Right now I am on my way back to the hotel in NYC, I moved back into the hotel until I decided on a mich place dor myself. Since NYC was the main spot that I would be in for a very long time Jay and I had decided to move into a much better neighbourhood. Although we won't be living together we still decided on the same neighbourhood and apartment complexes that were right over from eachother. He had aleeady moved into his but I didn't confirm the spot for me as yet.

I hopped out the SUV that brought me to the hotel and dashed through a swam of screaming fans as my body guard guided me to the door. As I entered into the hotel lobby I waved at a few persons who were screaming my name and headed upstairs. When I got up stairs I dashed straight into my room. Turning on the lights, I went into my suitcase and started looking for something to wear to go to bed.

After taking a long shower I threw on my boy shorts and Jay's black sweat shirt. Because of my travelling habits and the amount of time I spend away from him I was starting to have depression moments again. It was like an addiction because I now missed having him next to me so the only way to get pass it was to have something about him and that smelled like him. Just like I've been doing since December, I crawled into my bed and cried myself sleep, because of all the emotions of missing him brought

I woke up to a loud knocking on my door & the sound of my blackberry ringing of uncontrollably. I jumped out of bed and rushed towards the door. I quickly opened the door and in came my friends Kelly and Michelle.

"Beyonce!!! OMG I miss you baby girl!" Kelly said squeezing me into a hug causing tears to drain down my face.

"Bey Bey... Oh don't cry! We miss you too hunni." Michelle said hugging me from behind.

"Its just that I've been missing you guys so much and I have been so lonely. I can't believe you guys are here."

"We no you're feeling alone thats why we are here. Jay called us and told us you needed company."

"No he didn't." I said as I tried to wipe away my tears.

After settling in Kelly, Michelle and I ordered room service after taking a quick shower. We spent the entire day inside catching up and talking about our projects that we've been doing individually. In the mean time we've came up with a few ideas that would be great for our new project as a group.

After talking with Kelly and Michelle we have decided that another DC3 album won't be so bad which meant that we will be hitting the studio once again.