Chapter 75- Listen

Beyonce POV

2005 was a year I couldn't wait to get behind. From Jay's nephew passing, to our constant arguments about kids, to Kelly and her foolish ways. All of it was enough to break anyone down.

2006 is finally here and it wasn't giving me the smooth transition I was expecting so much. I was still promoting my new movie Dream Girls and dealing with all the whip lash from these ungoing beefs being fed to the media. From Jennifer Hudson and I, to the pending split of DC3. To be honest with myself I am not to sure if I would be able to pull through half of this year.

Jay and I our simply that Jay and I. We've been trying to balance us out and I loved his persistance but honestly, our relationship was becoming extra stress. I sat on the bench in the park of Houston. My dad was in LA with Kelly sorting out her next move while I agreed to fly back home for some down home time.

Placing my cellphone on the bench I untied the plastic bag that held my food I just purchased from the Breakfast Klub. Opening my sealed plate my face lit up as I inhaled the sweet smile of deep fried chicken, seasoned fries and freshly baked buttered bread.

This was much better that anything right now. Since DC3 was about to hit the road soon, my new movie The Pink Panther and a pending hit song for the movie was above my head and I was determine to find anything to ease my mind. As I unwrapped my fork I placed a mouth full of fries in my mouth letting the taste invade my tongue.

"Hmmmm...." I moaned in pleasure as the amazing sensation of hot southern food melted on my tongue.

As I ate enjoying every bite, I watched the children play around in the park as their mothers watched them carefully. It was a beautiful sight to behold but in all my honesty, I just wasn't ready for it. I lowered my head into my plate digging at the crispy chicken as a shadow came above my head.

As I raised my head a familiar masculine voice echoed smoothly at me.

"Ah yo ma' can I pay your bills, bills, bills, bills?" It voiced followed by a loud chuckle.

Holding my chest tightly, I tried to swallow quickly as I erupted in laughter. This corny line had now went global.

"You are such an ass. I swear you'rr full of shit." I said laughing as I spoke.

"Whats up sis?" Slim said wrapping his hands around me.

"Nothing much, just enjoying my favorite hobby." I said pointing to my plate.

"I can see. Your hobby is surely causing you alot of weight too."

"Oh shut it. I have to take in all this food that I can because you no, Hollywood doesn't approve of my southern figure."

"Fuck Hollywood Bey. Niggas approve of it. Shit. Ain't nobody wanna be holding just breast all night while fucking."

"I wish it was that easy, but I am trying to avoid extra rumors and scandals that could possible be attached my name."

"Its just January and you already dealing with that shit?" He asked annoyed.

"I know. Sadly, rumors and the media doesn't care what month it is, who it is or the state of your life. So I can just fuck it and move on."

"Wow. I heard about all the stuff going on with you and Kelly. How you feeling?"

A small paused invaded our conversation as I thought about everyhing for a moment.

"To be honest, I am numb to the situation. I'm just trying to keep myself stress-free."

"You better not carry all that burden by yourself Bey. You still too young for it."