Chapter 20- Jumpin Jumpin

"In about 1 hour Destiny's Child will be hitting the stage for their first ever MTV performance. Are you guys excited?" A tall slim lady name Annie said as we glowed in our short glittered pants and bra creative tops.

"We are beyond honored and blessed to sit amongst so many talented musicians and watch their faces as we perform so indeed we are excited!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Okay! One more question for all the fans out there. Are you ladies dating anyone at this moment?"

"No we're just staying focus on our music and careers and being thankful for the moment." Kelly said over an array of screaming fans.

We walked towards the enterance of the ceremony, stopping to wave and answer a view questions with fans and reporters. The feeling of being around so much greatness was starting to give me chills. We haven't made it big as yet but we are almost there. The show was about to start and we were opening!

Dressed in our glittery outfits we assumed our enterance positions with Cameron Diaz, Lucy Lu and Drew Barrimore. It was gonna be mind blowing to the crowd. As the show introduction song filled the atmosphere the start of Independent Women came in causing an erruption from in front of the stage.

As we emerged from the ground the screams got louder and the energy from in the crowds started to take over my body. As we walked down our 12 steps I took controlled of my microphone and started moving. In the audience were legends like Tina Turner, Whitney Houston and TLC all rocking out to the lyrics of the song I wrote and as a group crafted into an anthem.

As we ended in our combat mode the lights grew dimmed shutting us back behind the stage. For the remaining of the night we all were caught in tears as Destiny's Child captured 3 VMAs awards.

After the award show we went back to the hotel to change. For the first time ever we were invited to an after show party. Mama picked out all our oufits suggesting we go for jeans, because we were going around grown folks and we still needed to look our ages. As I hopped in my tight jeans and tang top with my heels I starred at myself in the mirror to see how much I had grown and matured in not only my mind but my body as well.

We finally arrived at the VMAs after party. As always cameras were around trying to capture every detail of our outfit and body. We arrived in the club and planned on sticking as close together as possible because of the thick crowd.

The atmosphere was amazing. It had a high ceciling that was very tall for a two story building. The place was dark but was complimented by bright colors, the lights were well cheographed and the music was top notched. As Kelly and Michelle insisted on standing around I grabbed Kelly's hand as Beenie Man song "Queen of the Dancehall" came on.

It was a reggae song that most American's wouldn't catch onto but it was a perfect dancehall show off song. As the beat started to sink into Kelly and Michelle, I started to move my waist and hair the caribbean way. As I danced I realized that persons were starting to stare. I crawled in and hugged Kellys neck as a slight shyness came over.

The song finally shifted and Kelly dragged me across to the bar. We all order a bottle of water to keep us cool and collective. As I spinned around in one of the bar chairs I glanced around the room. Upstairs was where I spotted Jay who was looking at! He was in middle of four men who had to be his crew. Being the corward I am I turned around and smiled to myself. I knew he would call tonight and I think we are ready to talk.

Mama and Daddy sent the car for us at 2am liked agreed too. We didnt do anything but dance and drink water and soda. I became sleepy as we rode to the hotel so I rest my head on Kelly's legs and drifted of to sleep.