Chapter 26- Heart of The City

Kelly, Michelle and I sat down in our recording studio reminiscing about how much of a great year 2001 was. It all came and gone in a flash. Kevin and Melissa two of the producers who worked with us on our last album that went down in history as one of the best one this year.

"So Beyonce, you wanna tell us about your Jay?"

"Tell you about what?"

"Bey we your girls, I know you wanna keep your love a secret but we need in on the goods."

"Okay, So since 1999, I have had a over the phone relationship with rapper JayZ!" I said placing my head between my hands.

"What the fuck? Beyonce are we talking about "Big Pimpin" JayZ. The man with the video chicks and side chicks?"

"Yes, trust me he is nothing like what you all think."

"Bey he is like 30 something years old. And persons are saying he got a kid and how much hoes he has sleep with and everything."

"I promise you guys I played it safe. We never kissed, no sex, no oral sex, no nothing just conversation over the phone and a few hugs at award shows. I also asked h about the kid but he said she became 3 months after the left for over 6 months."

"Tell us about him."

"Well.. He is 32! I know 12 years older than I but he is so sweet. He grew in Marcy's Project in Brooklyn. He has a mother who raised him by herself when his dad left at age 9."

"Wow his father left him alone?"

"Yea and that was kind of his sad point he said him and his dad was super close since he was the baby out of 4 and when he was 14 he got hooked up with a few friends who knew how to make fast money."

"So is that how he got into drugs?"

"Yea he said he wanted things his mama couldnt afford and his sisters and brothers needed things to so he went out their and did drugs. He told me his mama didnt agree but since she couldnt stop him she told him just to never smoke it. He sold drugs and got whatever he wanted and family needed. He then got hooked up with a girl who he liked since she was 16 and they started dating. After a while his insecurites about his looks started to kicked in."

"Wow. He is not a all time fine but he is not all bad."

"I know, but I cant come to understand why I find him so attractive like his looks are so unique to me. Everything everyone else hates and diss him about like that rapper Nas about his lips and shit I just find so adorable." I said with my cheeks turning red.

"Bey, so what you thinking?"

"Kelly I have to be honest I really love him I can see myself with him but I need him to play it safe I told him as for now we are friends and as for us ever going on dates I need to be impressed."

"Why don't you guys take time out for eachother since you gonna be over here a while?"

"I kind of told him about the whole Austin Powers movie. So he knows about me being in NYC but.."

"But what Bey?"

"My mama almost freaked out about some lies she heard. If I tell them or they find out about Jay its gonna be trouble."

"So what you gonna do?"

"If its true love then I will fight."

It was long pause as tears came rushing down my face. I was incredibly in love with this guy who was just a close 'friend' he never touched anything but my heart and I know he had to be the one.