Chapter 4- Bills Bills Bills

Can't even pay my bills, can't pay my telephone bills, can't pay my automo-bills but you thinking maybe we could chill? No! I don't think you do, so you and me are through"

The rush and attitude of a woman took over my body as the words of our next single "Bills. Bills. Bills" rolled of my mouth. We recorded the song a while back but we wanted to do something that empowered women who can relate to an issue together. As we walked up and down the hair solon singing the lyrics and moving to the beat my dad walked in.

"Cut!" He ordered the music director. "I have got the best news of your life. BoyZ 2 Men are seeing the potential in you guys already. Which means your first tour starts in 1 month!"

"Oh My God! What!! Destiny's Child opening for Boyz 2 Me?" Toya screamed.

We begin rattling our feets against the wood floor as we cheered knowing we just booked our first gig. We were far to excited to even recognize how close & fast one month is.

"Okay, Okay girls lets hurry up so we can wrap up and get this show on the road." He annonuced as we got back into position.

Bills, Bills, Bills is definitely an anthem. This song is gonna make the stamp approval that we are here to stay. As we wrapped up our set we existed the hair solon of my mother's and rushed towards where my dad was sitting.

We were still in Houston, and we had 1 more week before for head out on a world tour with the famous "Boyz 2 Men". Our single No, No, No had already made its away around the charts and our group was already becoming known. So this tour will add more publicity. The house phone rang and I caught a quick glimpse at the clock. It was 4 pm. Its him. I said to myself as I joyfully reached for the phone.

"Hello" I said.

"Whats going on babe?"

"Nothing much just preparing for this tour. Whats on Mr. Lyndell agenda?"

Me and Lyndell decided to continue talking and work things out. Although Lyndell and I are back on speaking terms I cant believe I almost gave up my right for his weakness. Its still something about him that makes me wanna end it but until my feelings go away I decided to stick with him.

We talked for about one hour until my dad called for me and Kelly.

My mom sat next to my dad as she gave Kelly and I the death stare.

"Have a seat ladies" Mama Tina said.

"Yes Mama T". Kelly and I said together.

"Now I know yall growing up and horomones gonna be racing and the want for a partner is gonna be high. With that being said on this trip yall better control yourself. Leave your footprints and mark but take your name. A good name is better than richest. Man come and go and when they leave; whatever impression you give them they will take and share it with the world!"

"Yes Mama. We will behave. No boys, no sex, no men. We know how we were raised." I said staring into their eyes.

"Okay now go pack, get some rest and take your bible and say a prayer!"

"Yes Ma and Good Night" Kelly said. We then headed upstairs to talk about all the ideas and things we wanna do.

We landed in NYC the next morning to meet with the tour director. We were escorted to a huge studio where the members of Boyz 2 Men were moving with their cheorgrapher. We stood behind them as they faced the mirrors that ran along the front of studio. The atmosphere was filled with their music and beautiful wooden floors. The studio had photos of legendary singers and performer that hung across the white walls.