Macey

Umm, hi, I guess.

My name's Macey, and I'm ten.

Sorry if I'm not as loud as Tyler, but I guess I'm just not very good at talking to other people.

I'd rather stick to my notebook.

I guess it's more of a thought book, but I've had it since I was eight, and it's my favorite thing in the world.

I would tell you what's in it, but I'd prefert to keep it to myself...

Yes, I have a small case of anxiety. Okay, maybe a big one. Hard to believe coming from someone whose dad and brother are some of the most hyperactive people in the world.

Tyler says I used to be the loudest kid he knew, and to be honest, I don't know what happened.

Well, actually, I do.

It has to do with my real parents.

...I don't tell this story to just anybody, but Tyler was right. You do feel trustworthy. Maybe that's why I haven't stopped talking yet.

I...I...

Sorry. I've never talked for this long in a while, it's nerve wrecking.

I don't know exactly what happened, because I couldn't have been older than one, but Dad tells me that Tyler saw a boat sink. The boat my parents were on, and so was I.

Apparently, I got really lucky, because somehow my cradle got out of the mess and floated closer to shore, where luckily for me, Tyler was playing in the sand.

He saw me, and ran to go get Dad, and Dad swam out to rescue me.

Dad ended up naming me Macey, and now I'm here.

The night my dad told me how he found me, I had a nightmare where I was in the middle of the ocean, and there was no land for miles. I couldn't swim, and I tried to call out for help. When I opened my mouth, water filled it, and eventually filled my lungs.

My parent's death.

That's why I no longer talk. I have a fear that even if I'm nowhere near water, if I open my mouth, I'll get that feeling again. The feeling of my lungs filling up with water.

I'm so scared of it that...whenever I talk... I get the feeling...

...

*gasps*

It's okay, I'm okay now. Sorry.

I've never even told Dad why I don't talk. I guess you're just easy to talk to...

It was nice to meet you, but I think Tyler wanted to continue the story, so I'll give it to him.

----------------------------------------------

Please note: Macey's chapters will generally be shorter than Tyler, since she doesn't like to talk.