Jenna

"Are you sure we're going the right way?"

"I assume so." I shrugged, looking back at Quinn, who was shuffling behind me.

She sighed. "We're never going to find them."

I stopped, turning around. "Y'know, I never realized how quiet your voice is until now."

She stared at me for second. "We're stuck in a maze with no idea where we are and you're questioning my voice?"

"Why not? Come on, let's go!" I grinned, turning and running down the corridor.

"How do you do it?" I heard her voice from behind me, and stopped.

"Do what?"

"You're so...optimistic. Like, all the time. How do you do it?" She asked, her hands clasped together.

"Whaddaya mean?"

"I mean...our parents are missing, and possibly dead. We're stuck in a maze with no clear way out and our only hope it the center, and we have no idea if we're even going the right way. But you're happy."

"The way I see it, I'm in control of how I feel. And I hate being sad, because it makes everything else sad. I want to happy, so I make myself happy, and then everything is happy! Easy-peasy!" I grinned.

"Yeah, well." Quinn muttered, looking towards the ground. "It's not so easy for me."

I tilted my head. "Quinn Juneau say whaaaaat?"

She shook her head. "Nothing. Just kidding."

"Well, if it's any consolation," I said, turning to continue walking down the hall, "I think your pretty cool."

"What?"

"Well, I mean, come on. I've seen what you can do." I shrugged.

"...y-you have?" She asked, her voice panicky.

"Um...yeah? I didn't say it, but you were cool in that fight in the town. Didn't back down, and all that."

"Oh. Thanks." She responded, and we walked down the hall way in silence.

"What did you mean when you said 'oh'? Is there something else the great Quinn is good at that I don't know about?" I asked.

"No." She answered quickly. "Just...thought it was interesting you even noticed me at all. Not many people do. I'm kind of a loner."

"Yeah, I realized. I'd barely even seen you until the whole attack thing. You prefer to keep to yourself, right?"

"Yeah. Not very good at making friends, I guess. But it's fine. I'm better alone." She shrugged.

"Well, hey, you've got me now, right?" I grinned. "And the others, too. You must be good at making friends if you got eight of them in one day!"

"Eh. Maybe. Still, like I said, I'm not exactly a people-person."

"Hey, no one should have to go through this alone!" I smiled. "We'll stick by ya, friend."

She smiled a little. "Sure you could probably make it fine on your own."

"Me? Oh, heck no. I'm no good on my own, I need people to keep me sane. Although, I guess that's not really working out, huh?"

I laughed a little. "No, but seriously. Sure am glad I've got my brother. I'd lose it without him."

"But you're always so happy all the time. I'm sure you'd pull through fine on your own."

"Dude, happy and mentally sane are two very different things." I laughed. "Same with how you see me. For all you know, the happiness could be an act. I could be a majorly depressed kid on the inside. I'm not, but you get the gist. Just 'cause someone seems happy doesn't mean they could handle crazy trauma. My dad taught me that one."

"Guess you've got a point there." Quinn agreed.

"Yup. Hey, wanna play a game? We've got time to kill while we walk, or at least I think we do."

"Um. Sure...?"

"Okay, sweet. So it's called I Spy, and-"

She cut me off. "I know what I Spy is, and how can we play I Spy in here? Everything looks the same!"

"Ah. You've discovered the ultimate secret, my friend. You truly are a brilliant mind." I grinned. "That's the point, dum-dum! Everything looks the same, so everyone wins!"

"...I don't think that's the point of the game." She said, staring at me.

"Wha? Sure it is! That's what my dad always told me, anyways. Okay, so I Spy-"

"No, Jenna. That's not the point." She said, stopping me. "The point is play in a place with a bunch of options so the game is a little more of a challenge."

"Really?"

She nodded.

"Oh. Well, if that's not how you play it, then I guess I'll have to think of something else."

I thought for a moment, before the idea came to me. "I've got it!"

"What?" Quinn asked.

I looked at her, grinning. "Oh....one million buckets of milk on the wall, one million buckets of milk..."

"Nope. Nope. Nope. I'm out. Peace." Quinn muttered, speeding up her walking so she was ahead of me.

"Oh, come on! Don't be a killjoy! Take one down, pass it around, nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine buckets of milk on the wall!" I sang, running after her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT'S THIS? I'VE FINISHED A CHAPTER...ON TIME????

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MIRACLE

I'd recommend paying attention to the little details in this chapter, by the way. Might give some hints on what's to come >:)

Also, I am still an emotional wreck after that last Gravity Falls episode. I'M SO SCARED ABOUT WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN AND THE 26TH IS THE FINAL EPISODE EVER

ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS IS ENDING I'VE NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS BEFORE I'M SCARED GUYS D: