Tyler

"Isn't it...weird, though?" Alyssa asked. 

We were all sitting in one room in the house, talking with each other about what to do next.

"What?" Jenna asked, confused. 

"You know...isn't it weird that we've shown up out of nowhere, but there's a room set up for nine kids, all ready to go?"

"Listen, I'm too tired to question anything right now." Jeremy muttered, his face already mashed into one of the couch pillows. 

"She's got a point, Jeremy." Cameron said. 

"Yeah. And they acted weird when we first showed up." Shane pointed at me. "Did anyone else notice the way she looked at that amulet?" 

"Almost like she recognized it." Macey whispered. 

"Woah, so you can talk." Jenna grinned. "Who knew?"

"Lay off of her." I muttered. I was tired too, but also too stubborn to admit it. 

"Okay, but how did she recognize it?" Skylar asked, crossing her arms over her chest and ignoring Jenna and I. "I know Dad never mentioned a town called "Salem" before, no one here should no anything about us." 

"I noticed something else." I said. "They both had some sort of weird mark on their wrist. Like an S, or something."

The room went silent. 

"What?" Quinn asked, the color draining from her face. 

"Macey, give me a page from your notebook." Cameron demanded, and Macey hesitantly ripped out a blank page, handing it to him. 

Cameron scribbled something onto the paper. "Did it look like this?" 

On the paper was an almost exact replica of the mark. 

"Yeah, pretty much."

Shane voiced an explicit word and kicked the desk on the other side of the room so hard that one of the photographs fell off of it and shattered on the ground. 

"What? I don-"

"That right there is the Mark of the Shadows." Jenna said, and Jeremy shot upwards. 

"The Shadows? Please don't tell me we have to deal with those creeps again." 

"Who are the Shadows?" I asked. 

"They're Darklox's 'minions', basically." Cameron explained. 

"Minions? But he doesn't have any minions. At least, he didn't before." Skylar said, and I was glad that Macey and I weren't the only ones confused this time. 

 "Yeah, well apparently spending 20 years in a box with nothing but spare time leads to learning new tricks." Shane grumbled. 

"We ran into them once before we came across you guys." Quinn said.

"They're basically beings created out of...I don't know, dark energy or whatever." Jenna said. "They can only be hurt by enchanted stuff, probably because Darklox doesn't do too well against enchanted stuff either. We found that out the hard way. Also, when they die, they disintegrate into this black sand."

"So that's what those things were!" Skylar exclaimed. "They attacked my house right before I left to go find Dad. I didn't know what they were...guess I'm lucky my sword's enchanted." 

Shane stared at her. "Insanely lucky. If you didn't have an enchanted sword, you'd most likely be dead." 

"They're not fun to fight." Jeremy agreed. "Especially since they can melt into the freaking darkness and one touch from them feels like someone just slammed you face-first into lava." 

He lifted up his shirt sleeve, revealing a burn mark. "One of them got me the last fight. If it weren't for Shane's sword, we'd probably all be dead." 

"And they can possess people." Cameron added. "The only way to tell if someone's possessed, as far as we know, is if they've got that mark on their wrist."

"How do you guys know that?" I asked. 

They all looked towards Quinn, who stared at the floor. "I...we had to kill my mom." 

"Oh...I'm sorry..." I said, mentally face-palming. Why did I even ask in the first place. 

She nodded, but kept staring at the floor. 

"So what you're saying is..." Skylar said, trailing off at the end. 

Alyssa nodded. "Darklox isn't here. It's the Shadows. At least two people in this town are possessed by them, but with the readings on the compass, I'd say there are a few more." 

"And guess who Darklox would most likely be ecstatic to capture?" Shane asked. 

"Us." Cameron said, a grim look on his face. 

I gulped. "We are so dead." 

Little did we know, we weren't the only ones who were screwed over in this town. Because the next morning, we found out the reason for the gallows. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh, so now you guys know what the S stands for! :D 

The picture above is the Mark. Avoid anyone with this on their wrist!

It's that time of year again!

I am definitely going to be entering in the Wattys again this year, and this year, I will be entering Team Crafted 2nd Generation!

(I was going to enter TTC again, but I found out that the story had to be partly written in 2015. Sad face.)

If you guys want to help get TC2G an award, share a link to it on your Wattpad account with the hashtag #MyWattysChoice ! It will be a huge help!

I know we can, so let's get TC2G to the top! :D

Also, a lot of people have been asking, so here's the answer:

Jason IS on Earth. He's currently with the rest of Team Crafted, in the same position as Sky and the others. He came back to help out with the redstone thing, and Alyssa begged him to goalong, so he took her with him.