Mitch

"Where is the amulet?"

"Screw you." 

Darklox sighed, taking a step back. "You make this so much more difficult then it needs to be, Mitch." 

"I don't know where it is!" I said. 

"I know you all know what the amulet is." He said. "And your buddies Sky and Ty aren't talking, so you're up next. Someone's bound to crack eventually." 

He stepped back, lifting the iron sword in his hand. He stared at the fresh red stains on the edge, and he seemed almost calmed by the sight of it. 

This guy freaked me out. 

"I've told you, I don't know." I said. "What do you even want with it? It's just a stupid amulet." 

He laughed. "It's cute how little you all really know."

I glared at him. No one had called me "cute" since I was nine. One of the older girls in the Kingdom kept talking about how adorable all of us were in our armor. 

I didn't miss the term. 

"It's nothing, really." He said. "Just a simple little jewel. I think it'll bring out my eyes, don't you?"

"Quit the games." I said. "What do you want with it?" 

He sighed. "You don't know when to quit." 

With that, he brought the sword down on my arm, and I clenched my teeth to keep from screaming. 

"And, just so you know, I like this game. A constant loop of watching you bleed, leaving you there for a bit, fixing you up in the morning, and starting all over again! It's fun!"

I stared at him. I was never able to tell if this guy was an evil demon or just an insane one. 

Maybe he was a mix of both. 

"I mean, I've killed you a few times already, but I never considered that a slow death was a way to go with you. I tried it on Sky, didn't know how fun it would be with you." 

Wait, killed me a few times? I thought. That's impossible. 

"Of course, you are kind of like Extra #5 in most of the others. Not very important to me unless you get in the way."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

He stopped, and turned to look at me, a grin on his face. 

"Oh, that's right! I keep forgetting not everyone can travel between dimensions." 

"Dimensions?"

"Listen, kid," He said. "I've traveled through tons of dimensions. I think this is probably my...say, twenty-second?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said. 

"Dimensions! You know, other worlds with the same people but in different scenarios? Like...um...those things called AUs?"

"AUs?"

"Oh right, that was the one dimension filled with the crying teenage girls...right..."

"Okay, seriously, you're confusing me here." I said. 

"Fine. I'll break it down for you in a way you should be able to understand. This world. There another world. I open door to another world. You in other world, but different. Comprende?" 

"I think so." 

He sighed. "You Minecraftians and your stupid little brains."

I ignored that comment. "So...you've killed me before."

"Of course. You have a horrible habit of getting in my way. Like a little germ. It's annoying." 

"Maybe because you're a sick, twisted person." I muttered. 

"Ah, flattery. It gets you nowhere." 

"Did you say you've killed Sky?" I asked. 

"Oh, yes." He said, grinning in a way that was much more menacing than usual, if that was possible. "Twenty-one times. Soon to be twenty-two, if this goes well. And a thousand more times after that."

"Why?" 

"Why?" He mimicked. "Look at the curious kid! So worried about his friend, is that right?" 

"I'm not a kid, you-"

"You are to me." He said. "Is 'because it's fun' a satisfying answer for you?" 

"Not really." 

"Too bad!" He grinned. "Because it's the only answer you're going to get! It's something for you to die wondering!"

He slashed the blade across my arm again, and my questions stopped as I screamed, not being able to deal with the pain this time. 

"Have any more questions?" He asked, as if daring me to ask another. 

I used what was left of my strength to shake my head no, hoping he would finally leave me alone. 

"Good. Now, we can get back to business." He said, and pointed the tip of the sword at my neck.

"I'm going to ask again, and this time, I want a straight answer." He said. "Where's the amulet?"

I braced myself, knowing I didn't have the answer, knowing there would probably be at least an hour more of this, no matter how my answer changed. 

"Answer me!" He yelled. 

"I don't know."