the battle of starcourt pt.2

THREE MONTHS LATER

Joyce, Jonathan, Will, and El were moving out of Hawkins. It's really sad to see Will leaving since I've known him my whole life pretty much. I'm pretty bummed about El, too. Things won't be the same without them.

I was watching as Lucas and Max teased Dustin about his song with Suzie when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Mike. "Can we talk?" he asks. I nod and we walk into a private room. We sit down on the floor. "We never got to talk at Starcourt so can we do it now?" Mike questions. I nod. "So, I just wanted to let you know that El and I aren't together... And, I, uh... I kinda, uh..." Mike paused for a moment. I watched as his eyes met mine. My eyes widen as I realize what he was going to do. I watch as he slowly leans in, automatically I do the same. As our lips touch, it feels like I'm complete. That feeling of wanting to be loved was fulfilled. I smile as the two of us pull away. "I've been waiting for this for three years. Three long years," I gasp. Mike laughs. "I'm gonna go help Will pack up. Meet you outside?" Mike asks. I nod. As soon as I'm sure he's gone, I get up and start to jump with joy. "Yes! Yes! Yesss!" I shout.

Mike's pov

I stayed back as I watch y/n jump up and down. I smile knowing I've finally come to my senses and opened my eyes to the girl that I've been so oblivious to see. She's the one.

Y/n's pov

We all exchanged our last hugs outside. I had a conversation with everyone as we all cried. We all did one last group hug. Everyone was crying as we stood out by the moving trucks. As the U-Haul pulled out and Jonathan's car followed, I stared at Will's house, thinking of all the times here. I looked at Mike. I blinked my tears away and thought positively. This is the start of something new.