the vanishing of will byers pt.1

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." Mike exclaims in a deep voice. "What is it?" Will asks, "What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin continues. "It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas retorts. "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike exclaims. "Troglodytes?" Dustin questions, "told ya." Lucas chuckles. "Wait a minute," Mike says softly, "Did you hear that? That... that sound? Boom... boom... Boom!" he shouts, slamming the table. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that...That came from something else. The Demogorgon!" Mike exclaims as he places the figure onto the board. "We're in deep shit!" I groan, "Will, your action!" Mike orders. "I don't know!" Will squeaks. "Fireball him!" I shout. "I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" he complains. "too risky. Cast a protection spell." Dustin says. "Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas pressures. "Cast protection." Dustin interrupts. "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. Boom!" Mike shouts, "Fireball him!" I yell. "Another stomp, boom!" Mike adds. "Cast protection!" Dustin exclaims. "He roars in anger!" Mike shouts again. Will rolls the dice as he shouts, "Fireball!" The dice scrambled across the floor as we all jumped up to find them and see what he rolled. Mrs. Wheeler interrupts the chaos and tells us it was time to leave. Mike goes upstairs to protest, the boys begin to pack their bags. "Oh, I got it! Does the seven count?" Will asks Lucas. "it was a seven?" Lucas asks. "Did Mike see it? Then it doesn't count." I follow. "Yo, hey, guys," Dustin calls after us, making us turn to him. "Does anyone want this?" he asks, we all decline."There's something wrong with your sister," Dustin exclaims to Mike as we all walk outside, "What are you talking about?" Mike asks. "She's got a stick up her butt." Dustin says, "Yeah, it's because she's been dating the douchebag, Steve." Lucas adds. "Yeah, she's turning into a real jerk," Dustin exclaims. "Hey!" I call after the two, reminding them that we're siblings. "She's always been a real jerk." Mike defends, "Nu-uh, she used to be cool. Like that time she dressed up as an elf for our Elder Tree campaign," Dustin retorts. "Four years ago!" Mike shouts after the boys that were riding away while Will and I stayed back."It was a seven." Will blurts, "huh?" Mike asks. "The roll, it was a seven. The Demogorgon, it got me. See you tomorrow," Will exclaims before riding off.Mike turns to me. "My mom set up the top bunk for you," he smiles. "Cool," I nod as we both make our way to his room. "Uh... shoot, I forgot my stuff in Steve's car," I groan. "Uh... here, take these," Mike tosses me a blue sweater and grey sweatpants. I smile as I walk to the bathroom to change.When I get back to Mike's room, Mike was fluffing the pillow. "Night, Mike," I mutter as I climb to the top bunk, snuggling into the quilt. "Night, y/n/n," Mike whispers as he turns the light off.