the upside down pt.2

"Guys. Guys, he's up. Will is up. Guys, Will's up," Mike exclaimed, shaking the three of us awake. Dustin, Lucas and I groaned at each other after we figure out we were sleeping on one another. 

We burst through the door, smiles plastered on our faces. "Byers!" Mike exclaims, tackling him in a hug. "Be careful. Be careful with him," Joyce warned. "You won't believe what happened when you were gone, man," Lucas smiled. "It was mental," Dustin added. "You had a funeral," Lucas exclaimed. "Jennifer Hayes was crying," Dustin continued. "And troy pissed himself in front of the whole school," I add. "Y/n kissed Tr--" Dustin began but stopped himself. Will began to laugh before he started to cough. "You okay?" Mike asks. "It got me. The Demogorgon," Will admitted. "We know. It's okay. It's dead. We made a new friend. She stopped it. She saved us. But she's gone now." Mike frowns. "Her name's Eleven," Dustin continues. "Like the number?" Will asks. "Well, we call her El for short," Lucas explained. "She's basically a wizard," Dustin smiled. "She has superpowers," Lucas whispers. "More like a Yoda," Mike corrects. "She flipped a van with her mind, and these agents were trying to shoot us," Dustin explains. Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and I spoke over each other, trying to retell the story.

time skip to Christmas

"Something is coming. Something angry. Hungry for your blood. It is almost here," Mike spoke eerily. "What is it?" Will squeaked. "It's the Thessalhydra, I'm telling you," Dustin exclaimed. "It's not the Thessalhydra," Lucas disagreed. "I'm telling you, It's the Thessalhydra." Lucas hissed. "The Thessalhydra! It roars in anger. Will, your action!" Mike exclaimed. "What should I do? I--" Will stutters. "Fireball him!" Lucas shouts. Dustin took a minute to think, "Fireball the son of a bitch," He smirked. Will rolled the dice. "Fourteen!" We all exclaim in joy. "Direct hit. Will the Wise's fireball hits the Thessylhydra. It makes a painful *screech noise* and then... it crumbles to the ground. Its clawed hand reaches for you one last time and, and, and... and..." Mike pretends to die. We all smile and cheer, dancing around the table. "Lucas cuts off its seven heads, and Dustin places them into his bag of holding. You carry the heads out of the dungeon, victorious, and you present them to King Tristan. He thanks you for your bravery and service," Mike babbled. "Whoa. Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, that's not it, is it?" I ask.

"No, there's a medal ceremony--"Mike starts. "Oh, a medal ceremony? What are you talking about?" Dustin asks. "The campaign was way too short," Lucas complains. "Yeah!" Will agrees. "It was ten hours!" Mike disagreed. "But it doesn't make any sense!" I retort. "It makes sense," Mike argues. "Uh, no, what about the lost knight?" Dustin asks. "And the proud princess," Lucas adds. "And those weird flowers in the cave?" Will continues. "I don't know, it's--"

"Jeez, what's that smell?" Jonathan asked as he walked down the stairs. "Have you five been playing games all day, or just farting?" Jonathan jokes. "Oh, that's just Dustin. He farted. Dustin farted," Lucas chuckles, blowing a raspberry. "Okay. Very mature, Lucas," Dustin retorts. "Will," Jonathan nodded, signaling it was time to leave. "Bye, guys," Will waves. "Bye, Will," we call back.

Lucas and Dustin got up and began to play wrestle. Mike looked over to the fort and I joined the fighting match as the announcer. "Lucas for the win as he pushes Dustin hard!" I laugh.

time skip

The four of us sat on the couch as we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Steve in his ugly Christmas sweater. "Time to go," he explains. "Why can't we just stay here? Mom and dad aren't even in town. There's no point in going home," I pout. He thinks for a bit. "Fine. I'll pick you up tomorrow," he sighs. "Thanks, Steve! Love you," I smile before turning back to the movie.