the spy pt.2

Steve, Dustin, and I all placed the buckets of meat out of the trunk and onto the gravel. Dustin separated to go talk to Lucas. "All right, let's go," Steve pants as he shuts the trunk. The three of us carried the buckets and began to walk along the railroad. "All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?" Steve asks. "Oooh. Dustin likes Max," I tease. "Yeah, and you like Mike but you don't hear me teasing you about it. And anyways, Steve is grossly oversimplifying things," Dustin snaps. "I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asks. "An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome," Dustin chuckles. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just... I don't know. I just feel like you're trying way too hard, man," Steve explains. Dustin and Steve discussed how to win over a girl and I was once again forgotten. I walked slower so I could be walking behind them. "She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit," I hear Steve say. "Oh, so, like y/n and Mike?" Dustin replies. "Hey!" I call out. "Fabergé," Steve blurts. "What?" Dustin asks. It's Fabergé Organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when your hair's damp... It's not wet, okay? When it's damp... You do four puffs of the spray," Steve mumbles the last part. "What spray?" Dustin asks. "Farrrah Fawcett spray!" I shout. "Farrrah Fawcett spray?" Steve chuckles. "Yeah, Farrrah Fawcett. You tell anyone I just told you that and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson. Do you understand?" Steve scolds. Dustin nods. "That goes for you too, y/n/n" Steve adds.

time skip

We arrive at the Junk Yard. I got flashbacks from last year. The three of us continue to scatter the meat chunks along the grass. "I said medium-well!" We hear Lucas shout. I look up to see Max and Lucas. "Who's that?" Steve asks. Dustin doesn't reply. "That's Max... the girl," I whisper. Steve, Max and I worked as Dustin and Lucas had a private conversation. Once the trap was set, we made our way into the bus.

Steve played with his lighter as Lucas went to the top of the bus. "So you really fought one of these things before?" Max asks. Steve nods. "And you're, like, totally, 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" Max adds. "Shit. Don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear. Why are you even here if you don't believe us?" Dustin seethed. "I never said I didn't believe you," Max defends. "Just go home," Dustin snapped. "Geesh. Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" She retorts as she climbs up on top of the bus with Lucas. "That's good. Just show her you don't care," Steve smirks. "I don't," Dustin corrects as Steve winks. "Why are you winking, Steve? Stop," Dustin demands. "Way to go, Steve. You just ruined Dustin's chance with her. Max is a really nice girl and Dustin isn't gonna win her over by being mean," I sigh.

All of a sudden, we hear a growl. The three of us look out of the window. "You see him?" I ask. "No," Steve whispers. "Lucas, what's going on?" Dustin shouts. "Hold on! I've got eyes! Ten o'clock! Ten o'clock!" Lucas stutters. "There," Steve points. "What's he doing?" Dustin asks. "I don't know," Steve whispers. "He's not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait?" Steve adds. "Maybe he's not hungry?" I suggest. "Maybe he's sick of cow," Steve blurts before walking away from the window. Dustin and I look at him in confusion. "Steve? Steve, what are you doing?" Dustin asks. "Steve, you can't go out there. It's not safe!" I add. "Just get ready," Steve pants as he tosses Dustin the lighter. 

Steve opens the door to the bus and steps out. "What's he doing?" Max asks as she climbs down the ladder. "Expanding the menu," Dustin explained. "He's insane,"she blurts as we watch him through the window. "He's awesome," Dustin chuckled. "He's my awesome brother," I add. We see more of the dog things approach him. We all yelled at him to get on the bus as the monsters started to charge. Steve leaped into the bus as we quickly shut the door. "Are they rabid or something?" I ask as the bus begins to shake. We run to the back of the bus as one of their arms clawed through the door. I look above me and see dents starting to form on the roof, meaning something's up there. I see a monster peer over the ladder, staring right at me. I scream before Steve pushes me out of the way. All of a sudden, the monster jumps off the bus. Soon, they all run away. "What happened?" I ask. "Steve scared 'em off," Dustin suggests. "No. No way. They're going somewhere," Steve explained.