the flayed pt.1

We all screamed and cursed as the elevator continued to fall. "We're going down! We're going down!" I cry. "Yeah, no shit, Harrington 2!" Robin retorts. "Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin screams. Erica and Dustin argued over the button. "Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve ushered. All of a sudden, the elevator came to a quick halt and we all crashed. "Oh. My groin. It fell on my groin," Steve cringed. "Is everyone okay?" Robin asks as we all slowly stand up. "Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve hissed as he walks over to the buttons. "I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work," Robin points out. "They're buttons. They have to do something," Steve argues. "Yeah, if we had a keycard," Robin adds. "A what?" Steve asks. "It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning--" Robin begins. "We're stuck in here," Dustin pants. "Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat," Erica explains. "I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve snaps. "Hey. What if we climbed out?" Dustin suggests. 

Dustin opened the hatch to the elevator roof and Steve, Dustin, and I all climbed out. "What were you saying about climbing out?" Steve asks as we all look up to see a long way out. 

Mike's pov

"I told you, they're conspiring," I whisper. "Anyways, can we talk about y/n please? She's been missing since the mall and I haven't heard anything from Steve. What if they're in trouble?" I suggest. "Mike, will you calm down? We have our own things to worry about right now," Lucas begs. "No, Lucas, I can't calm down! Because if we find y/n dead, it's gonna be our fault's for not looking for her. Plus, I know she's in danger because she would've told me or us if she was going MIA. It's so unlike her to disappear like this. I mean, she's always worrying about us and if we get sick, what if she got hurt? What if Dustin's in danger, too!" I rant. "Oh, yeah, and because El dumped you now you're finally starting to notice and care about y/n," Lucas scoffs. "That's not true! I've always cared about y/n. It's just she might actually be in danger now," I defend.

Y/n's pov

"Code red, I repeat, code red. Does anyone copy? This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall. The Red Army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us," Dustin rants. "Hey. Gotta take it easy on that thing, okay? Gonna drain the battery," Steve grunts. "The mall just opened," Dustin blurts. "So?" Steve asks. "So someone could be in range," Dustin replies. "What do you think, Petey the Mall Cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?" Steve scoffs. "All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend the night with Robin?" Dustin asks. "Shh! Jesus Christ. Will you just give up on that creepy dream already?" Steve begs. "I heard you guys talking all night," Dustin adds. "Yeah. We were trying to figure out a way to open up the door while you children were sleeping. After eight hours, we're still exactly nowhere, which is, you know, probably just a little bit of the reason why I'm feeling just... a tad cranky," Steve sighs as he unzips his shorts. "What are you doing?" I ask. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking a leak. Look away. Look away!" Steve demands. Dustin and I look away quickly. 

"I wonder if anyone's checked on Mike's mental health recently. Gosh, I just hope he's doing okay with all of this breakup stuff. I just want what's best for everyone and El made him so happy. I really hope things work out for them in the end--" I rant. "Y/n, Mike isn't here. You can drop your fake happy act," Dustin cuts me off. "I'm serious, Dustin. I truly want what's best for them. And if El is what makes Mike happy, then El he deserves. Plus, I've moved on. Seeing how happy they are together really just... makes me happy for them," I smile softly. "Okay. But, if you wanna talk, I'm here," Dustin sighs. I nod. 

"We've got company," Robin exclaimed as she climbed up. The four of us all climbed on top of the elevator and got prepared to face the Russians. We watched as the door slowly started to rise and two guards walked into the elevator. They started to pack the cargo onto a car. Once we saw the elevator door shutting, Steve jumped down and placed the glass jar in the gap to stop it from shutting. One by one, we quickly slid out and escaped the elevator. We watched as the elevator door crushed the glass and the floor started to sizzle. "Jesus Christ," Steve gasped."Holy mother of God," Dustin blurt. We all turn around to see a hallway that looked as if it never ended. "Well... hope you guys are in good shape. Looking at you, roast beef," Steve panted as he started to walk. "Let's go, come on," Steve whispered. "Why me?" Dustin asks me. "Don't worry about it, Dustin. Steve's just a douche," I reassure him. 

time skip

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive," Dustin begins. "What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you half way to hell," Steve argues. "I'd have to agree with Steve on that one. I mean, so many things could be happening down here and we'd never know about it and who knows, maybe they're making bombs to kill us," I rant. "They're Commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners," Erica opposes. "To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. I mean, think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo," Robin defends. "It all comes into the mall like any old delivery," Dustin adds. "And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser," Robin continues. "You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asks. "I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something," Dustin replies. "What the hell is promethium?" Steve questions. "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," Robin explains. "You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," Erica groans. "No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" Steve scoffs. "Why so sensitive, Harrington 1? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Robin teases. "Wait. Harrington 1?" I question. "Yeah. Steve is Harrington 1 and you're Harrington 2," Robin replies. "Anyways, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus," Steve replies to Robin's previous comment. "Promethium. Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something," Dustin corrects. "Or power something," Robin adds. "Like a nuclear weapon?" I suggest. "Totally," Robin chuckles. "Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great. That'd be great," Steve scoffs. "But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland but maybe that's it. Maybe it's our very..." Robin rants as Steve, Dustin, and I stop walking. "Do you guys think the Russians know?" I ask. "-About the--" Steve continued. "They could," Dustin whispers. "So it's connected?" Steve asks. "Maybe," Dustin suggests. "How?" I ask. "I don't know, but it's..." Dustin begins. "Possible," We all say at the same time. "I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Robin asks. We don't reply. Instead, we hear a Russian voice coming from the walkie talkie. "Walkie!" We gasp. Erica grabs the walkie out of her bag and hands it to Robin. "'A trip to China sounds nice. If you tread lightly.' It's the code," Robin smirks. "Wherever that broadcast is coming from--" Dustin begins. "It's close," I finish. "And if there's one thing we know about that signal..." Robin starts. "It can reach the surface," Dustin smiles. "Let's go," Robin demands. We all get up and continue to walk.