will the wise pt.2

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now," Mike shouts as he runs over to us from the phone. Everyone stands up and begins to walk inside. "Party members only," Mike snaps at Max. "Come on, Mike," Dustin pouts. "No! This is non-negotiable," Mike retorts. "I guess Mike is the one that changed," I mutter but loud enough that everyone heard. "Fine! You can stay out here, too!" Mike sneers. "Mike! That's not fair!" I groan. I followed them nonetheless.

"Will didn't want me to tell anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky," Mike whispers. "A shadow? What kind of shadow?" Lucas stammers. "I don't know. But it scared him. And if Will really has True Sight... I mean, if he can really see into the Upside Down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday," Mike explains. "So that's why he was frozen like that?" Dustin asks. "Maybe," Mike nods. "Can it hurt him? I mean, if this shadow bitch isn't from our world..." I begin. "I'm not sure. Dustin?" Mike questions. "Well, if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically, no, the shadow can't hurt him," Dustin explains. "Yeah, if that's even what's happening. This isn't D&D. This is real life," Mike continues. "Yeah, no shit, Sherlock," I mutter. "So what do we do?" Lucas asks. "We acquire more knowledge. I'll go to Will's after school. See what's going on. You guys stay here and find Dart," Mike orders. "Dart? What's he gotta do with this?" Dustin asks. "Will heard him in the Upside Down. I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will." Mike explains

time skip

I ran to Mike as I saw him by the bike rack. "God, what do you want?" He groans. "Mike! Will you please just talk to me?" I beg as I grab onto him by his hoodie. "Fine. Talk!" he demands. "I just wanna know why," I plead. "Why what?" he questions. "Why all of a sudden everyone hates me and isn't talking to me!" I croak. "Because! You've changed!" he sneers. "Everyone says that but they don't tell me how!" I explain. "You're just different. You're not fun to be around, you're mean, and you act like the whole world is against you so you have to go against the world," Mike rants. "Because the whole world is against me, Mike! Nobody ever noticed me before. At least now I have people's attention!" I retort. "Of course you had people's attention, y/n/n. You were my best friend! I used to wanna spend every waking hour of the day with you," He continues. "Yeah, but everyone stopped paying attention to me when El showed up. I got replaced. And now, I'm gonna be replaced with Max!" I sniffle. "That's not true, y/n/n. You were never replaced and if you really felt like this, you should've told us," he sighs. We stood in silence for a hot minute before Mike spoke up again. "Look, I've gotta get to Will's but just think about what you've lost and maybe you'll change your mind," he sighs before getting on his bike.

Mike's pov

Truth be told, Yeah, I do hate this edgy, rule-breaker y/n. And I really do miss the old y/n that was so innocent and the biggest sweetheart. But, she's changed and I don't know if things will ever go back to normal. I used to really like y/n. Like as in more than a friend. But, those feelings got pushed aside when El came. Lucas told me what y/n said about me last night. And now I'm starting to feel those feelings come back. But I can't give up on El.