the mind flayer

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asksed. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt," Dustin explained. "he was tiny two days ago," Max adds. "Well, he's molted three times already," Dustin replied. "Malted?" Steve quizzed. "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for more growth like hornworms," Dustin continued. "When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks. "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends," Dustin panted. "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats," Steve scoffed. "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas asked. "No, what? No," Dustin replied. "What are you talking about? He ate Mews," I blurt. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max quizzes. "It's Dustin's cat," Steve shrugged. "Steve!" Dustin yelled. "I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas accused. "No! No. No, I... No, I... He missed me. He wanted to come home," Dustin stammered. "Bullshit," Lucas sneered. "I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin defends. "Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas seethes. "Guys, who cares? We have to go," Max groans. "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas explains. "So did you!" Dustin yells. "What?" Lucas asks. "You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin exclaims, flashing his flashlight in Maxes face. "A stranger?" She scoffs. "You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas shouts. "But I didn't, Lucas, okay? I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even," Dustin explains. "No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that. Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!" Lucas retorts. "That was not my fault! He wasn't gonna eat us," Dustin defends. "Oh, so he was just crawling to come say hello?" Lucas mocks. "Guys!" Steve yells, earning our attention. We all hear a screech. We all  follow the sound. "I don't see him," Dustin announced as we reach the hill. "It's the lab. They were going back home," I gasp. The five of us run down the hill as fast as we can.

When we get to the front gates of the lab, we see a car and Nancy and Jonathan calling after us. "Steve?" the Nancy and Jonathan ask. "Nancy?" Steve questions. "Jonathan," Dustin blurt. "What are you doing here?" Nancy asks. "What are you doing here?" Steve repeat. "We're looking for Mike and Will," She explains. "They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asks. "We're not sure," Nancy exclaims. "Why?" Jonathan quizzed. We hear a screech coming from inside of the building. We tried to open the gates, but the power was out, so it wasn't working. All of a sudden, the gate opened. We waited by the front gate for the cars to pull out. "Guys?" I announce as I see the cars. "Let's go," Hopper orders. We all jump into the car and make our way to Will's house. We sat in the kitchen as the man named Hopper spoke on the phone. 

We all sat in silence before Mike decided to say something. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike blurt. "Really?" Lucas asked. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?" Mike smiled. "Yeah," Lucas, Dustin and I reply in-sync. "We can't let him die in vain," Mike admitted. "Well, what do you want to do, Mike? The chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own," Dustin replied. "Demo-dogs?" Max questions. "Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words--" Dustin explained. "Okay," She scoff. "I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..." Dustin began. "But there's an army now," I continue. "His army," Mike blurt. "What do you mean?" Max asks. "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too," Mike added.

time skip because I'm too lazy 

"Mike, can we talk," I whisper. Mike nods and we walk to a secluded area. "What's up?" he asks. "Look, I know I've been acting weird and I don't know why. But, I'm sorry. I just..." I begin to explain but I started to cry. Mike didn't say anything. Instead, he wrapped his arms around me as I burried my face in his chest. At this moment, I knew I broke the only role I had. Don't fall in love.

time skip

Not so long after the phone rang, Mike and everyone outside came back into the house. We all peered out of the window, trying to spot a demo-dog. We crowded in the middle of the room, waiting for the attack. We heard rustling in the bushes but no sign of the dogs. There was screeching. Then, silence. Out of nowhere, one of the Demo-dogs burst through the window, shattering the glass. "Is it dead?" Max asks. Then, the door creaks. We swivel around to face the door. The doors locks unlock by themselves. All of a sudden, El walks into the room. Everyone puts their weapons down as Mike steps out from behind Hopper. His eyes watery. As the two looked at each other, I knew there was no chance for Mike and I.