the sauna test pt.2

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin asks.
"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?"  
"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light," Robin whispers. 
"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment"  
"Can we maybe not call it that?" Robin requests. 
"See you on the other side. Nerds" 
We waited for a bit until we got a response. 
"All right, nerds. I'm there." 
"Do you-- Do you see anything?" Robin asks. 
"Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about." 
"Any guards?" Robin questions. 
"Negative"
"Booby traps?" Robin adds. 
"If I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?"
  "Thank you for that," Robin replies sarcastically. 
"I'm in."

"Oh, God," Steve sighs. We watch as the doors open, Erica standing right in the middle. She walks out of the doorway. "Free ice cream for life," She demands. The four of us sneak down to her. Together, we walk into the room. Steve opens the box to reveal a safe. He untwists the top, making the air inside of it hiss. He quickly removes the lid and we all peak inside. "That's definitely not Chinese food," Steve blurts. "Uh, maybe you guys should, you know, stand back," Steve suggests. Robin and Erica comply meanwhile Dustin and I stand still. "No," Dustin and I reply in sync. "Just... Just step back, okay?" Steve pleads. "No," We repeat. "Step back. Seriously," Steve groans. "No! No! If you die, I die," I explain. "Same here," Dustin adds. "Okay," Steve shrugs as he continues to open the mystery item. We hear it unlock as he pulls it out. He lifts it up to reveal a glass container filled with a green liquid. "What the hell?" Steve mutters. "What is that?" Robin asks. All of a sudden, the room starts to shake and rumble. "Was that just me, or did the room move?" I ask. "Booby traps," Erica whispers. There was a whirring sound and then the room started to creak. "You know what? Let's just grab that and go," Robin orders. "Which one do I press, Erica?" Dustin asks. "Just press the damn button, nerd," Erica retorts. "Which one? I'm pressing the button, okay?" Dustin stammers. "Press "open door."" Erica demands. "I'm pressing "open door."" Dustin explains. "Just open the-- Press the other button," Steve shouts. "Guys, get out of the way so she can push the button--" I request. "Just open the door!" Robin shouts. All of a sudden, another door slams shut and the room starts to fall quickly. "We're gonna die!" I scream, my claustrophobia starting to kick in. "Oh, shit," Steve gasps.