the bite pt.1

As soon as Dustin unties me, I try to get up and run but I fall flat on the ground. "Oh, God. You're the worst out of all of them," Dustin groans as he lifts me up and carries me to the car where he places me down next to Steve and Robin. "Jesus, slow down!" Steve slurs as we were getting bumped around. "Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin asks. "It's the Indy 300," Steve corrects. "No, dingus, it's 500!" Robin shouts. "It's 300!" Steve yells "Let's just say a million," Robin chuckles. "Guys... I think I pissed myself," I blurt. "Gross!" Robin groans. "What? That doctor was really scary!" I laugh. All of a sudden, we crash. My head hits the metal on the car and I let out a groan. "You guys all right back there?" Dustin asks. "I think they're good," Erica whispers. Dustin and Erica open the hatch to where we were sitting. "Come on. We gotta go, now. Let's go!" Dustin and Erica shout. Dustin walks me over to the elevator and as a group, we enter. As the elevator went up, I see bubbles. "Dustin, look, bubbles!" I giggle as I pop them with my hands. "That's dust. That's literally just dust," Dustin groans. "Hey! dust and Dustin! Guys, Dustin isn't human. He's just a bunch of dust!" I laugh. "Also, did I mention I peed myself?" I ask. "Yes," Erica replies. "Okay. Cool. Just wanted to check to make su--" I begin but stop when I trip over my feet. Dustin walks over to me and puts his hand on my forehead. "She's burning up," Dustin groans. "You're burning up," I laugh. "One sec, one sec. y/n/n, y/n/n," Dustin exclaims. "Ow!" I groan as Dustin holds my eye open. "Boop!" I laugh as I touch Dustin's nose. Dustin lightly taps my arm. "Y/n/n, are you drugged?" Dustin asks. "How many times, Dad? I don't do drugs. It was only one time and I thought it was a normal brownie," I laugh as I touch Dustin's nose again. "This isn't funny, okay? I need to know what they did to you. Are you gonna die on us?" Dustin questions. "Boop," I repeat. "We all die, my strange little child friend. It's just a matter of how... and when," Robin gasps. "They're gonna be looking for us up there, so I need you to tell me where you parked your car," Dustin requests, turning to Steve. "Can we make a pitstop at the food court? I would kill for a hot dog on a stick," I beg. "All right. Yeah, food. Yes, you can have as much food as you want, but only if Steve tells me where his car is parked," Dustin explains. "Tell him, Steve!" I demand. "-Uh-oh," Steve blurts. "Uh-oh?" Dustin asks. "The car's off the board," Steve explains. "What?" Dustin questions. "They took the keys. The Russians they took the keys. Like, forever ago. That's a bummer, right?" Steve, Robin and I laugh. When we get out of the elevator, I get down and kiss the ground. "Shit!" Dustin yells. We look ahead to see more Russians. I slowly run after the group, tripping over my legs a couple of times. Dustin grabs my hand and helps me run.

We sneak into the movie theater and run into some random movie. "Come on," Dusti, whispers. we all follow him to available seats. "Hey, I was supposed to see this movie with Mike! I can't watch it without him!" I protest. "Then don't watch it. Just sit down!" Dustin whisper-yells. "Whatever you do, don't... go... anywhere," Dustin demands.

When I look next to me, I see Robin and Steve are gone. I quickly get up and stumble out of the theater. I look around but they were nowhere to be seen. I shrug and sit down. I look up and see... Mike?
"Whoah... Mike. How'd you get here?" I ask. Before he could even respond, I continue to talk. "You know, Mike Wheeler... I've spent the last what's it been? Three years... wow. I've spent the last three years trying to get you to like me back only to fail every single time. And now, when I finally think I've moved on... I might like someone else who's only gonna put me in the same spot you did. So it's, like, why try and move on if I'm only gonna be stuck in the same spot. Because, to be honest, I'd rather be stuck with you... on you. Yes, I like Dustin maybe. But the way he talks about Suzie... I wanna see where they go together. So, I guess I could always try and move on and be alone? But, I want someone to look at me the way you look at El, to talk about me the way Dustin talks about Suzie, someone to be there for me and never give up on me like Lucas and Max. But maybe that's it. Maybe i'm destined to be alone. I can work with that..." I sigh before breaking out into a fit of laughter. I watch as Mike dissolves into a dancing light. I watch as the light danced around the mall, embracing me in an array of colors. "Do I... Do I dance too?" I ask, confused as to what I was supposed to do. I start to slowly dance around to the music that was playing in my head. "Y/n? What the hell?" I hear someone call out. I turn around to see Dustin before I quickly trip over my feet and fall down again. Dustin groans as he lifts me up.

mini time skip

"And... blend," Dustin demands. We all sneak out of the bathroom, for some reason I can't walk straight so I keep tripping. "Um... Dustin, I think y/n's still drugged," Erica whispers. "She's smaller and the doctor probably gave her the same dosage meaning it has a stronger effect on her," Dustin replies. "Steve, hold y/n's hand and make sure she doesn't fall!" Dustin whisper-yells. "No. You do it," Steve retorts. I hear Dustin groan as he holds my hand and I watch as Steve sends me a wink and a thumbs up. "Uh, Dustin?" Steve mutter. "What?" Dustin whispers. "Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house," Steve replies. "Why?" Dustin questions. "Well, y/n might've told them your full name," Steve explains. "Why would you do that?" Dustin asks. "Wha... What?" I ask, confused about what they're talking about. "Dude, she's drugged," Steve defends. "So?" Dustin asks. "So?" Steve repeats. "So, you resist. You tough it out," he replies. "What's happening?" I ask. "She got an extra strong dosage!" Steve blurts. "Why?" Dustin asks. "She called the guys ugly... and fat," Steve explains. "When is it?" I ask. "Guys? Robin mutters. We all look ahead. "Abort," Dustin exclaims. "Abort. Abort!" Dustin repeats as he grabs my hand and helps me run. Dustin helped me as we climbed in the middle of the escalator and slid down.