will the wise pt.1

We all walked around the school trying to find Will. We called his name but got no response. I searched with Dustin and Max. As we called Will's name, we ran across Mrs. Byers. A couple seconds later, Lucas burst through the door. "The field!" he pants before running back outside, everyone else following him closely. "I just found him like this! I think he's having another episode!" Mike yelled as we ran over to the two. "Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom! Will! Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up. Please, wake up! It's Mom! It's me!" Mrs. Byers shouts. 

We all followed will and Mrs. Byers out of the school. "Okay, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max asks. "Two episodes in two days," Lucas blurts, ignoring Maxes question. "It's getting worse," Mike adds. "You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asks. "What's True Sight?" Max questions. "It's nothing," Lucas sighs. 

As everyone started to leave, I ran up to Lucas. "Lucas!" I call out. He quickly turns around to let me catch up to him. "What?" he asks. "Steve told me you brought me home last night. What happened?" I ask. I watch as Lucas rolls his eyes. "What happened is you kissed me," he scoffs. I begin to laugh. "It's not funny, y/n. You just seem like the biggest hypocrite. You were complaining about how Troy ruined your first kiss experience but you did the same thing to me minutes later," he explains. "Yeah, but it's just different," I add. "How is it different?" he asks. "Because... Troy hurt me. I've always been nice to you, you're my best friend," I smile. "You know, everyone in the party hates the person you're trying to be," Lucas blurts. "I'm not trying to be anyone! I haven't changed at all!" I whisper-yell, sick of hearing that I'm not being myself. "Stop lying to yourself, y/n. We know it. And you know it. And based off of what you told me yesterday, you aren't gonna win Mike over by acting like this," he sneers before hopping on his bike and riding away. "Fuck you, dickhead!" I shout after him.

next day

"Stop being a baby and do it already," Mike demanded. "This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?" Max asks. "What the hell's going on?" Dustin asks as he walks over to us. "What do you think? We're looking for Dart," I retort before Lucas tosses a bunch of trash out of the dumpster. "Jesus!" Dustin gasps. "Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenient," Lucas scoffs. "You smell like shit!" I snicker as I walk away from Lucas. "Where's Will?" Dustin asks. "He'll be here," Mike replies. "Are you just gonna stand there? Or are you gonna help?" Lucas asks as we begin to dig through the pile of garbage