you wish, wheeler

I had finished getting ready and waited on Steve as he did his hair. "Steve, come on. We're gonna be late," I groan. "You know I do four sprays, I've only done two," he replies, making me scoff. "You know what, I'm probably a better driver than you anyways. Just let me drive myself," I retort. He finally walks out of the bathroom. "You rushed the process, and now it looks sloppy," He seethes. I roll my eyes as I walk to the car, Steve following me. We both hop in as we begin to drive to the Wheeler's house. "I don't hate you, you know," Steve blurts. "Yeah, well, you don't like me either," I scoff. "We--I--N..." Steve stutters but eventually stops talking. The rest of the ride was silent.

We both hop out of the car and make our way to the door. "Why are you still here? You don't have to walk me to the door," I explain. "No, I'm hanging out with Nancy," he replies. "Uhm... okay. Does that mean I can spend the night here? Mrs. Wheeler says I'm always welcome," I ask. "Yeah, sure. Your bike's in the trunk, want me to get it for you so you can just bike to school?" He asks as the front door opens. "Yeah, thanks," I smile as Steve walks to the car. "Hi Nancy," I gleam as I look at the older girl. "Hi y/n/n, Mike's downstairs," She explains. "Bye, Steve!" I shout as Steve set my bike down near the car shed. When I get downstairs, I see Mike setting up the D&D board. "Hey, Mike," I sigh as I sit down on the couch. "Oh, hey, y/n/n," he smiles. "So... when are the others coming?" I ask. "In an hour or so," he replies. "Cool. What should we do till then?" I question. "Well, I just finished setting up so we could watch a movie? And you're sleeping over, right?" he asks. "Yeah. And a movie sounds nice," I explain. We make our way upstairs to the tv. We both sit down, and we decide on E.T. We both squish into the reclining chair. We could've sat on the couch, but it's always been a tradition to sit together on the chair since we were younger. "Imagine if that happened to us. You know, having to hide an alien," Mike blurts. "You wish, Wheeler," I tease.