the monster pt.2

mike's pov

"This is weird without Lucas and y/n," Dustin admits. "She should've shaken my hand," I sigh. "They're just jealous," Dustin corrected. "What are you talking about?" I ask. "Sometimes, your total obliviousness just blows my mind. He's your best friend, right?" Dustin asks. "Yeah... I mean, I don't know," I shrug. "It's fine. I get it. I didn't get here until the fourth grade. He had the advantage of living next door. But none of that matters. What matters is that he is your best friend. And y/n, well, I'm pretty sure likes you. Ever since y/n broke up with Troy, she's been making excuses to not like anyone. And then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement, and all you ever want to do is pay attention to her," Dustin explained. "That's not true!" I defend. "Yes, it is. And you know it. And he knows it, and she knows it. But no one ever says anything until you all start punching and yelling at each other like goblins with intelligence scores of zero. Now everything's weird," Dustin sighs. "He's not my best friend," I blurt. "Yeah, right," Dustin chuckles. "I mean, he is, but so are you. And so is Will. And y/n," I add. "You can't have more than one best friend," Dustin smirks. "Says who?" I ask. "Says logic," he replies. "Well, I call bull on your logic, because you're my best friend, too," I smile. "Okay," he smiles back.

your pov

As I rode my bike, I saw a bunch of police swarming the grocery store. I ignore it and continue to walk. I took a route down the forest where I heard Mike and Dustin calling for El. I roll my eyes. I swore I heard rustling. "Hello?" I call out. "Hey, there, bitch," Troy hissed as he and James walked up the hill. "Shit!" I shout. I turn the other way, dropping my bike and running as fast as I could. "You're dead, babe!" I could Troy him yell after me.

mike's pov

As Dustin and I called for Eleven, I heard Troy's familiar voice yell "You're dead, babe!" "Shit, y/n's in trouble! We gotta help her!" I yell, running after the voice, Dustin trailing behind me.

your pov

I ran all the way to the quarry, Troy not too far behind me. I didn't realize that I was cornered until it was too late. "Shit!" I exclaim. I pick up a rock. "Stay back! Don't come any closer!" I threaten. I throw one stone at James, missing horribly. "Nice throw, Harrington," James teased. Troy comes up behind me and grabs my waist, pulling me close to him, his knife inches away from my face.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice call. I try my best to turn, only to see Dustin and Mike running closer towards us. "Get off me!" I yell. "Let her go! Let her go!" Mike screamed. "All right," Troy smirked, throwing me to the ground. I thought we were done, but not too long after, Troy grabs Dustin, putting him in the same place I was just in. "Let him go!" I cry. "Stay back, or I cut him!" Troy smirked. "What do you want?" I ask. "I want to know how you did it?" Troy asked. "How I did what?" I question. "I know you did something to me. Some nerdy science shit to make me do that," Troy exclaimed. "You mean piss your pants?" Mike corrects. "Our friend has superpowers, and she squeezed your tiny bladder with her mind," Dustin admit. "Shut up!" Troy yelled, placing the knife closer to Dustin's neck. "I think I should save Toothless here a trip to the dentist. Help him lose the rest of those baby teeth," Troy threatened. "Let him go. Let him go!" Mike begs. "I'll let him go, sure. But first... it's your turn," Troy explained. "My turn for what?" Mike asks. "Wet yourself," Troy scolded. "What?" Mike asks.

"Jump... or Toothless here gets an early trip to the dentist," Troy demanded. "Stop! No!" Dustin gasps. "I'll cut him right now!" Troy seethed. "All right, just hold on! Hold on!" Mike yells. "Mike, don't do it. I don't need my baby teeth Mike!" Dustin yelled as Mike backed up onto the cliff. "Mike, seriously, don't!" I shout as he walked even further. He made it to the edge, his feet hanging over. "Mike, don't do it! Seriously, don't do it! Seriously, don't!" I cry. "Troy, I don't think that's a good idea, man," James rationalized. "Mike, don't!" I beg. "His time runs up in five...Four! Three! Two!" James shouted. 

"Wait!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Troy stops counting. "God, you whiney bitch. What?" He seethes. "There has to be something else. Anything else!" I croak. "You know what... come to think of it, yeah, there is," he smirks. Mike turns around and steps away from the edge. "Okay? What? What is it?" I ask. "Kiss me, and then... I want you to get back together with me and drop these losers," Troy demands. I take a deep breath in. "And... I want frog face and toothless to watch," he adds. "Y/n, don't do it!" Mike shouts. "Fine... I'll do it," I sigh. Troy hands Dustin over to James before he walks closer to me. I know I might be over exaggerating but I've never kissed anyone before, and a first kiss is supposed to be meaningful and with someone you love. This was not the case. 

Troy slowly started to lean in, I hesitantly did the same. I could hear Dustin and Mike talking to each other. I felt two hands on my butt and soon after Troy pulled me in closer. As soon as our lips touched, I wanted to die at that moment. I quickly pulled away, gagging so hard. I then felt a tight squeeze on my butt. "Stop! Don't touch me!" I cry. "That's funny because last time I checked, we were dating," he smirks. "Why does that make it okay, you douche! I liked you, Troy! You had a chance and you blew it. That is not my fault! So, why? Why are you punishing me for something I had no control over?" I sniffle. "Whatever, we're leaving and you're coming with us," he demands. "I wanna stay with Mike," I protests. "Nope. You're not friends with them anymore unless you want Mike to jump off the cliff," Troy teased. I took a deep breath in before beginning to walk away with Troy. 

After another second, we heard a snap, then Troy scream. I turn around to see Eleven standing there, her nose bloody. "She broke my arm! My arm!" he cried. "Go," She demanded. "Let's get out of here!" He cried. "Yeah, that's right! You better run! She's our friend, and she's crazy! You come back here and she'll kill you! You hear me? She'll kill you, you sons of bitches!" Dustin yells. I watch as Troy and James run off, thankfully leaving me. I made sure I was turned away from the group before I started to cry. I felt so gross. A moment that was supposed to be special for me was ruined just like that. I begin to walk away, just wanting to go home. My tears were streaming down my face so I could barely see. All of a sudden, I feel to arms wrap around me. I turn around to see Mike hugging me tightly. "You--you saved me," he panted. "I'm sorry," I cried. "Sorry?' Sorry for what? You just kissed Troy to save everyone!" He exclaimed. "I feel so dirty," I sob, burying my head into his chest. Mike walks me over to Dustin and Eleven.

"El?" I call out, pulling away from Mike. "Y/n... I'm sorry. The gate... I opened it. I'm the monster," She cries. "No. No, El, you're not the monster. You saved me. Do you understand? You saved me," I croak, lifting her up before hugging her. Mike and Dustin joining after.