the body

Mike had called ordering Dustin and I to come over. We left shortly after the call.

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike asks. "Yeah, I heard a baby," Lucas murmured. "What?" Mike questions. "Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door." Lucas explains. "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike corrects. "Mike..." Lucas starts. "Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. El heard it too!" Mike assured. "Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess--" Lucas starts. "Are you sure you're on the right channel?" I cut him off. "I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him," Mike adds. "Like... like Professor X." Dustin mumbles. "Yeah," Mike smiles. "Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas snaps. "I don't know, I mean... Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that," Dustin explains. "Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" I shout. "Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us," Dustin suggests. "It's not his ghost," Mike hissed. "So how do you know that?" Lucas questioned. "I just do!" Mike exclaims. "Then what was in that water?" Lucas quizzes. "I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him. This isn't gonna work. We need to get El to a stronger radio," Mike demands.

"Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack," Dustin announces. "Yeah," Mike breathed. "The Heathkit's at school. There is no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. I mean... look at her." Lucas states. "I have an idea! I can do her makeup!" I exclaim. "Well-" Mike starts. "I can give us both makeovers!" I exclaim, grabbing El's hand and dragging her to Nancy's room.

"This is blush. It's gonna make your cheeks a rosy color," I explain, dabbing the brush on my cheeks then El's. She backs her face away, I nod, gesturing it was okay. "Now, this is lip balm," I smile, applying the balm to El, then taking another one and using it on me. "Pretty," I exclaim. "Give me a second to get changed!" I explain. Walking to Nancy's closet. I put on (outfit at the top w/ white converse), before El and I exit the room.

"Wow. She looks--," Dustin starts. "Pretty," Mike exclaims. "Really pretty... Really pretty good," Mike blushes. I couldn't help but notice a weird feeling in my stomach. It felt like my stomach was churning with... jealousy? No way! I don't like Mike. I don't like anyone in a romantic way.

time skip

"Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad," Mike explains. "It's locked," Mike groans. "Do you think you can open it, with your powers?" Dustin asks El. "Boys, y/n? Assembly's about to start." Mr. Clarke announced. "We know. We're just, you know..."Mike starts. "Upset," I smile, but then remember I'm supposed to be sad. "Yeah, defiantly upset," Dustin stammers. "We need some alone time," Mike pouts. "To cry," Dustin adds. "Yeah, listen... I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh? And then... the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?"Mr. Clarke exclaims, tossing Mike his keys.

"I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" Mr. Clarke asks El. "Eleven..." she whispers. "Eleanor! She's my, uh--" I start, speaking over her. "Cousin," Lucas cuts in. "Second cousin," Dustin adds. "She's here for Will's funeral," I sigh. "Ah, well, welcome to Hawkins Middle, Eleanor. I wish you were here under better circumstances." Mr. Clarke exclaims. "Thank you," El speaks. "Uh, where are you from exactly?" Mr. Clarke questions. "Bad place--" She starts. "Sweeden!" Dustin butts in. "I have a lot of Sweedish family. She hates it there," I explain. "Cold!" Lucas adds. "Shall we?" Mr. Clarke asks. "Yep!" Lucas replies.

As we walk into the gym, everyone turns and looks at us. "Abort," Dustin whispers, turning around. We walked to the bleachers. I sat between Lucas and Mike.

"Look at these fakers," Mike whispers. "They probably didn't know his name till today," I add. We all heard Troy and James laughing and whispering. "Who laughs at something like this?" I mumble.  As the bell rang and students left, I decided I had to say something to Troy and James. "Hey! Hey! Hey, Troy! Hey, Troy!" I call out. The two turn around and face me. "You... you think this is funny?" I ask. "What'd you say, sweetheart?" Troy teases. I cringe at the nickname. "I saw you guys laughing over there. And I think that's a real messed up thing to do," I stammer. "Didn't you listen to the counselor, Miss prissy? Grief shows itself in funny ways." James mocks. "Besides, what's there to be sad about, anyway? Will's in fairyland now, right? Flying around with all the other little fairies. All happy and gay!" Troy teases. "Take it back!" I demand, taking a step closer to them. "Y/n," Lucas mumbles. I run up to Troy and push him slightly. "You're dead, Harrington. Dead!" Troy gets up, running towards me. All of a sudden, he stops. I look down at his crotch and see he was pissing himself. The whole room breaks out into laughter. I look around and see El with a bloody nose.

"Hey, what's going on here?" the principal asks. "Y/n! Let's go!" Lucas exclaims, pulling me away. We run out of the gym and into the AV room.

"Come on," Mike whispered as we walked over to the radio. "Now what?" Dustin asks. "She'll find him. Right, El?" Mike exclaims. Mike turned on the radio as El shut her eyes. "She's doing it. She's finding him!" Mike announces. "This is crazy," Dustin smirks. "Calm down. She just closed her eyes," Lucas retorts. All of a sudden, the light turns off. "Holy..." Dustin gasped. The radio began to clang. "What is that?" Dustin asks. Out of nowhere, a fuse blows and the radio caught on fire. Dustin grabbed the fire extinguisher as the fire alarm rang. He blew out the fire, setting it out. "El, are you okay? Can you move?" Mike questions. "Here, Lucas, Dustin, y/n help her up," Mike demanded. Dustin and Lucas grabbed her arms as Mike and I grabbed her legs, carrying her to Mike's bike.